Monday, August 4, 2008

don't get to excited just yet

I'm back because there is a natural disaster on the way and this might be my farewell note.

Most Americans, even those located on the Gulf of Mexico, do not know that there is a weak hurricane/tropical storm in the Gulf. Well, someone who is aware is taking full action, NASA is on the scene. We are on Hurricane Lock Down. Talks of JSC closing down are being passed around like its hot. Bags are being gathered that are labeled "Hurricane Bags." A "Hurricane Bag" is for protecting all hardware located in your work area, computers, monitors, phones, chairs, garbage cans. Everyone is required to have one. Yes, even those people who are located on the second floor, in the middle of the building, with no windows. Cover your stuff! I plan on covering my entire work area with a pop up tent.

We played softball in the rain and lightening last night. I wasn't scared. My bat is made of composite materials and I don't have any metal plates in my head.

More updates on Tropical Storm Edouard: Some guy, who has the name of a male anatomy, is running around freaking out because he has to cover the TVs in the windowless room. I just looked at him.

If these useless trash bags…correction, "Hurricane Bags" do not perform perfectly, NASA as we know it, may never be the same. Please people, keep those fingers crossed as we go through this time of crisis. The United States, The World, The Universe, and The Olympics are depending on these bags.

Let it be known that I am extremely, probably the most I have ever been, excited about the Olympics starting this weekend.

Last real entry's post answer was the sixteenth.

How many of Carl Lewis' Olympic gold medals were won in long jump competitions?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure it's "lightning".

Unless you're referring to making something a lighter color, or to the fetus "dropping".

Do periods go inside or outside the quotes when used in the above way? It's taught both ways depending on where you go to school, but there must be one correct answer.

Father Rob said...

"lightening" ha. Al, you beat me to the punch on the fetus dropping. I thought periods go inside the quotes but since we both went with Florence, who knows.

Are you really excited about the olympics? I hate the olympics. They're so boring and they're on tv nonstop. This isn't ancient Greece, the olympics have no place in the modern world.

I guess three.

Father Rob said...

I meant to say "to Florence."

The last post was a lie. Why are you blogging again? Is it because Allison asked you to?

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Father Rob said...

I guess not. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

You should at least post some pictures of the damage to your Houston estate.

Father Rob said...

Blog dammit.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joen05 said...

Hey Matt... long time. You can't stop! I haven't stopped yet, so you can't.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The olympics are boring. ohhhh controversial. Hurricane bags? I love storms, although I suppose a hurricane is a bit more serious, but exciting, except the bad ones. oh dear.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I'm afraid that Matt may have closed himself up in his "hurricane bag" is unable to get out. Somewhere locked up in the NASA building is a young man dying to tell us about his adventure, and unable to release himself from a stupid trash bag!

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.