Wednesday, February 20, 2008

it's a beautiful day

I figured out the secret on how to start the morning off right. I have never been in such a good mood in the morning. Ever. Instead of waking up on time, I hit the snooze about 6 times. I really like hearing that song "Beautiful Day" by U2 blaring through the phone. Did manage to get a shower without a problem. Plenty of shampoo and man soap. Get dressed. Change shirts, this one is too wrinkled. Get dressed. Change shirts, dang toothpaste. Get dressed. Change pants, looks stupid with shirt. Get dressed. Look like a billion dollars.

Dogs are nice.

On the way to work I was stuck in thick, but moving swiftly, traffic. One cop had single handedly slowed the entire interstate down to the posted speed limit for 15 miles. Finally someone with balls the size of watermelons, courage like a lion, and nerves of steel decided to pass the cop and get on with breaking the law. I single handedly got traffic flowing to normal when I passed the cop going 10 mph over the speed limit. Living life on the edge gives me great joy and stains in my underpants, sometimes.

Driving on the road to JSC I was completely zoned out until the crossing guard at the school started flagging me down. What the crap? Opps, school zone with flashing yellow lights means to slow down to 20 mph, not go 45.

If I ever hear the complete song "Beautiful Day", I'll probably pull all of my hair out. All of it.

New work badge today! Does that deserve an exclamation point? I thought so this morning before I entered building 110. The sign says "Line begins here." "Hey boy, line starts back there." Crap, now everyone thinks I'm an idiot. They'll wonder how I ever got a job at NASA. After waiting in line for 15 minutes and watching the shuttle land it was my turn. I should've just run away instead. After much confusion and nonsense the lady got on with taking my mug shot. "Were my eyes closed in the picture. It felt like I blinked." Badging lady, "No, you look fine." The new picture looks like I'm stoned. Pot smoking, I've got the munchies, stoned. Head tilted back, hair going every way but down, no smile, slight pale/pasty looking skin, left eye almost closed, right eye half way closed, and eye brows raised. Probably the worst picture ever taken in the history of NASA.

Some guy at work plays in a band. He showed me the band's website. Soon after he left I closed the window.

The dentist visit today was such a disappointment. I'll probably never go back again.

What unit of electrical power is equal to one joule per second?

Last entry's answer was Cruiserweight.

10 comments:

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I usually don't play, but... a watt.

I love to snooze. My alarm play just that loud beep beep beep beep alarm clock noise. Whenever I hear it on TV i jump up and immediately feel like I'm late for something.

I'll bet there are worse pictures than yours, I know what engineers look like....

Bella said...

That dog thing was too cute!

Bella

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Father Rob said...

I HATE U2. "You've got to get yourself together, you are stuck, in, the, moment, and, you, cant, get, out of it" Honestly can anyone listen to that song and not slit their wrist?

If you really have balls, next time you should go 20 mph over the speed limit in front of a cop.

Prin, you know what would make these comments more lively? Thats right, Back to the Future Trivia!

Nobody answers the questions anymore either, except for me: a Volt

Anonymous said...

Your blog read espeically crazy and random today. I do hope you post your badge picture. I promise to tell you you look pretty.

I hit my snooze for at least an hour in the morning. It's the only way I can get up. But I think you might change clothes more than me.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

My mom sent me that Dog page today...weird that you posted it too.

Mandy said...

Your badge picture sounds like my driver's license picture...but I have to show mine any time I use a credit card or check so everyone gets a laugh at my misfortune...

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.