Monday, February 4, 2008

i'm going to disney world

Someone referred to me as a slacker and I took it to heart.

The Super Bowl XLII's presentation of commercials this year really stunk. The game was slightly boring until the last minutes of the 4th quarter. How come no one asked the question, "You've just won the Super Bowl, what are you going to do now?"

More good news. I just bought a pair of skis and now need money to purchase poles and ski bag. So if you have extra money sitting around in your wallet, bank account, or drawers please forward to Houston, or you can catch me at your local ski slope at the end of February. That is if Wolf Creek is your local ski slope and you want to see Texas' best skier. Other wise you're just out of luck and will miss the most spectacular phenomenon since Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

If anyone is ever in the mood to buy me something, I give my permission now to do so right now. Click Matt Can Have Anything He Wants From Me When He Wears His Hair Like That to sneak a peek at what to buy me.

If I could buy my way to Friday I would. Weekends just aren't long enough for my pleasure. I need more of them. If it were up to me there'd be a weekend in the middle of the week. "Ok folks, here's a what were gonna do. Starting this week we will have the first ever weekmiddle. It's going to be a mini version of the weekend but slapped onto Wednesday." Would this ever catch on?

If I could be any superhero I'd be Batman. He drives cool cars and gets all the chicks. Can an astronaut be a superhero?

"(On players' favorite pre-game nocturnal activity) 'I never really understood the strip-joint thing. Why go to a place and get all excited and then have a hard time walking out?' " - Ravens DT Tony Siragusa, Super Bowl XXXV

What famous document begins: "When in the course of human events..."?

Last entry's answer was Austin.

13 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Clappity clap. Good boy.

Weekmiddle. Brilliant. I'm going to propose it at our next morning meeting.

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I'd be Wonder Woman! And I think I'd also like a weekmiddle.

Father Rob said...

If it were up to me there would be no work, no need for money, we would all be able to fly, and we could eat candy all the time and not get sick.

If I were a superhero I would be Green Lantern.

The Declaration of Independance.

Mandy said...

Just stop coming in to work on Wednesday and when they ask why tell them it's because it's the weekmiddle. Maybe you won't get fired...

And as for being batman...you know he wears a leather onesie and a cape, right?

Marjie said...

speaking of super bowl, i was dying to see it live since my hometown hosted it, until i found out it cost at least $1,500 a ticket to get in. forget it, i said, I'm not that rich.

with that said, if someone send you a few bucks that may be too much for your pocket, forward some over to phoenix. i could sure use some of that fortune.

cheers always,
~M

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bella said...

I, too, was very disappointed with the superbowl commercials this year.

The best part of the game.

Bella

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

I used to have Sat, Sun, and Wednesdays off when I was a nurse. That was the greatest ever...BTW, my blog is back up and running! N

Marjie said...

hmmmm....a stop to houston eh?! how 'bout an invite to phoenix instead? i still need a valentine ;)

M said...

I did like the commercial about the tide stain thingy? The one with the mumbling stain? HILARIOUS

You just need to be unemployed. Then the whole week is a vacation!

Yay Austin!

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Father Rob said...

You're a slacker.