Tuesday, January 29, 2008

my parking brake slows me down

A lady here at work, well she's in her mid 30's and lady seems like an old person, always says where she is going when she exits the room. I always just say okay.

The inside of my car/truck/suv now smells like lube. Went to the dealer yesterday got a new cd player and had the windows lubed up. Having a vehicle under warranty is somewhat a nice thing. I say this is broken and this needs improvement, then they ask 34 questions, test it out, and give it a thorough look over. After that, then they think about fixing it.

Last night the roommate and I managed to fill the entire apartment with smoke. My eyes, lungs, and nose were all in some sort of pain. We learned a few lessons that we should've learned in cooking 101. If you ever want to blacken fish, make sure you have a hood over the stove or do it outside. Lesson two, never pour melted butter in an extremely hot iron skillet. It tends to smoke a lot. Lesson three, use a pot holder with hot items. Lesson four, cook away from smoke detectors. Lesson five, call the fire department to let them know everything is ok in case smoke detector goes off. The fish did taste awesome.

I need to learn Spanish. The lady at Mr Carwash told me that the parking brake was on in a foreign language. I just said, "Ok, thanks, have a nice day." I felt like a pimp driving my shiny clean vehicle. Ok, I've never felt like a pimp in my entire life. Ever. One point five minutes later, "What the heck is that clicking noise. Where is the get-up-and-go this car/truck/suv used to have?" Dang Spanish language.

¿Entiende el inglés?

Boring post.

What's the southernmost state capital among the 48 contiguous states?

Last entry's answer was Texas.

9 comments:

Kathy said...

Contiguous? I just learned a new word for my vocabulary.
I guess Tallahassee.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You seem to like to cook. You should cook for me. Last night for dinner I had carrots.

Your post wasn't boring at all but, uh, I vote for a new poll.

I guess Baton Rouge.

Bella said...

"The inside of my car/truck/suv now smells like LUBE. Went to the dealer yesterday got a new cd player and had the windows LUBED up."

Ever notice how there's something about the word "LUBE"???

Bella

Technodoll said...

he he. lube. good stuff ;-)

burnt fish? not so much :-/

Mandy said...

lol @ your title. How long did it take you to figure out that you were driving around with it on?

Stephanie said...

I drove around with my parking brake on all day once & when I got where I was going, I thought something electrical was burning. :)

Steph said...

Sounds like it might be safer for all concerned if you just eat out more.

Anonymous said...

You = slacker. Get back to blogging.