Thursday, July 10, 2008

beach trip 2008 in a short but informative review

Beach Trip 2008 did not suck. Condo was awesome, weather was great, water was cold. Who knew that water in the Gulf of Mexico was cold in July? I didn't.

I bit into my apple this morning and it had already gone bad. I threw it in the garbage can outside. Maybe some little squirrel can enjoy my misfortune. Then someone will get mad because some little squirrel is playing in the trash just trying to survive. I have no idea if I did a good thing or not now.

I littered the beach with 1500 feet of kite string upon my final exit from the sand at the end of Beach Trip 2008. Utility Al's shark kite flew to a new Beach Trip record, an altitude of 1500 plus feet. Once above 1000 feet the label of "height" becomes "altitude". This is not official terminology but one that I have created to sound more intelligent. I cut the string and watched in excitement as the kite slowly descended. I hope some kid has as much happiness as you can have with a free kite.

The most important lesson I learned on Beach Trip 2008, don't eat oysters in May, June, July, or August. Only eat them in months with the letter 'R', also known as January, February, March, April, September, October, November, and December. Or else.

Now, Father Rob's theme song from Beach Trip 2008.
"Me and my friend saw a platypus
Me and my friend made a comic book
And guess how long it took
I can do anything that I want cuz, look:

I can keep rhythm with no metronome
No metronome
No metronome"
"Handlebars" by Flobots

What deli sandwich topped Dateline NBC's list for total fat content - a Reuben, BLT or tuna salad with mayo?

Last entry's answer was Germany

7 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Father Rob said...

I can see your face on the telephone
On the telephone
On the telephone

You forgot to mention Utility Al's umbrella flying off and sinking to the bottom of the gulf.

I agree with Prin about Tuna Salad and Oysters.

And Prin, Reuben is a sandwich usually consisting of Corned beef, saurkraut, thousand island dressing, and swiss cheese on rye bread.

Lip Smacker said...

Dude, I totally had oysters for the 4th of July picnic!! What is going to happen to me, will I grow barnicles now?

I say Ruben, because from Father Rob's description it sounds nasty... ;)

Anonymous said...

Look at me
Look at me
Just called to say that it's good to be ALIVE

I'm still glad we ate the raw oysters, even if they did disagree with us.

Watching my umbrella float upside down way out into the ocean did suck a little.

Utility Katie still doesn't know how much money we wasted on buying the 4 or 5 kites, reels, and extra spools (that normally cost $0.59, but the stupid girl charged us $1.99).

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

oh I don't like Oysters...they are slimy. The water in Tassie is cold all of the time, takes your breath away!
littering is bad Mr.
I also say the tuna.