Thursday, January 24, 2008

i'm not from here, so don't look at me like that

Tried on some more ski boots yesterday. As I was squeezing my foot into the stiff boot I noticed that my toes were somewhat cramped at the tip. Having my big toe bunched up against the end of the boot left me in a somewhat uncomfortable position. I told the girl that was sizing me and she wanted to argue with me about it.
"Uh, my toes are very crowded, mostly the big one."
"They're supposed to be like that. They're ski boots, not walking shoes."
"Well, this cramping is extremely uncomfortable."
"Skiers like it that tight and the toes should be cramped. You're a Texas skier anyways." What the heck does that supposed to mean? I can't ski and therefore I know nothing of ski equipment.
"I'm not from Texas."
"Where you from?"
"Mississippi."
"Oh..."
"I've been skiing more times than you can count on two hands, so you can bite me."
I didn't buy her boots.

Requests for a dirty picture? Are you serious? I'll see what I can do. Maybe. Hold your breath on it.

It's party weekend now. The roommate will be gone all weekend. Hope it's a wild time like in Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead.

Bryan: Park it yourself, Metallica breath!
-Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead

What state grew to become the second most populous in the U.S. , by 1994?

Last entry's answer was Vermont.

10 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Dirty pictures? I missed something. But I'm in. :) *getting popcorn ready*

Father Rob said...

You should have punched that stupid girl in the face.

And....WHOA WHOA WHOA! NO dirty picture requests here! Nevermind, now I'm kinda thinking it would be hilarious. You should pose with a feather boa on. Yeah, go for the 1988 glamour shot.

Don't tell Mom the Babysitters Dead? Is this 1993 and are you an 11 year old girl?

Texas.

Marjie said...

Like anticipated, which you already know what for....THANK YOU!

And by the way, I always thought it's California.
I was wrong.

:)

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

Dirty pics? I want dirty pics too!

Stephanie said...

Were you buying these boots in Texas? So that makes her a Texas skiier too, right? Weird.

Anonymous said...

I hate snotty little salespeople like that. I am spending my money on Your products, tis why You have a job so be nice, better yet, suck up to me, Your customer.

sorry your post seems to have generated a small rant from NerdGirl!!

Bella said...

"Don't tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead"--- good movie.