Tuesday, January 22, 2008

string cheese

This weekend I was a man. Going against the norm, I actually got down and did some manual labor for a change. Here in Houston, the manual labor has slacked off quite a bit. No need for it. Everything is now done on a computer and printed off on paper. Getting hands dirty or breaking a sweat at work has become a thing of my past. Coming home from work doesn't require a shower, that is until I visit the gym. I often miss the days of working outside and getting filthy. Seeing a finished product that looks like an actual accomplishment instead of a finished product that has a signature. Pushing paper, following tedious guidelines, and having hazards with every paper clip is becoming tiresome. Why is common sense thrown out the window? Should it really require four signatures to move a piece of equipment down the hall?

Tonight is the Foo Fighters and Jimmy Eat World concert. It couldn't come at a better time.

Yesterday I got fit for ski boots. They were tight and snug. The guy that sized me up seemed to be upset when I finally informed him that I would not be purchasing boots at that time. He'll get over by next week.

Eating string cheese the stringy way is annoying and slow. I prefer the bite into it method. It shall now be called "just eat" cheese.

Plainview: Are you an angry man, Henry?
Henry Brands: About what?
Plainview: Are you envious? Do you get envious?
Henry Brands: I don't think so. No.
Plainview: I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.
-There Will Be Blood

What New England state was originally claimed by both New Hampshire and New York?

Last entry's answer was Chang.

14 comments:

Father Rob said...

What a complete and utter waste of my time. Next time you blog, how about you make up a story because nobody cares about you wanting to get dirty, getting fitted for shoes, and not liking to eat string cheese the stringy way. If you wanted a more manual job, you shouldnt have graduated college.

Vermont.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Father Rob has sympathy pregnancy hormone swings.

I love string cheese. It's the cheese that's not in a rush. Unlike cheez whiz in a can.

I say Utah. I'm pretty sure I'm dead on.

Father Rob said...

Don't talk about me.

Shameless blog plug: I just made a new blog post: read it!

Technodoll said...

Matt, I will only believe your manual labor story when you post a photo of your sweaty dirty self.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I agree - 'just eat cheese!'

Stephanie said...

Did you shower after the concert?

Mandy said...

Sounds like you had a great day at work...

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marjie said...

seems like you had a rough few days. I do hope things get better, although like you, I do enjoy seeing the finish product of things I've worked for...sweat or no sweat. i'm just glad I had productive moments every once in a while. :)

~m

Marjie said...

by the way dear...have you got room for a link exchange? let me know k ;)!

M said...

string cheese is for stringing!

Bella said...

I too would like to see the photo of which technodoll speaks.



New Jersey???