Monday, March 31, 2008

blind date

When walking the halls at work, there is always a pressing question lingering around in my head. Do I make eye contact or not? Most of the time the people here just stare at the floor. If they're not, I'll look at them and then glance around at other random stuff and bring the eye contact back just before our passing. If we make a connection, then what? Do I give a nod or a "hey"? This is the hardest part of my day.

Is a 32 year old woman too old for a 23 year old boy? Don't worry friends, it's not for me.

I sat by a girl at the baseball game on Saturday. The sun was hot that day. We had conversation. She thought the word 'balk' was a dirty word. After I explained to her what it was we proceeded to discuss other words that we thought were dirty. In the end we realized that I was the kid in middle school that didn't know the meanings of dirty words and she was the cool kid who knew every meaning. She probably still thought I was uncool.

I just saw two ducks fighting in the pond outside. Did I really need to say outside? Two were fighting and another was trying to break them up or either taking advantage of some cheap shots on the second one.

I didn't get a cookie cake. Someone girl did bring rice crispy treats and some small pumpkin cookies that were awesomely good. But no cookie cake. You should've seen the sadness on my face.

The baseball season has started! Gotta get my tickets asap. I once put myself in hot water for using the term "asap". Let me start over...The baseball season has started. Gotta get my tickets soon. Only field level seats for me. I plan on catching 17 foul balls this year. First, I have to get an Astros t-shirt. I feel like a total dork for wearing green, blue stripes, or orange shirts to the games.

While driving home yesterday the roommate slept. I tried to hit every bump in the road. Didn't want to ride the loud bumps on the side of the road because those are too obvious. By hitting real bumps it's not only loud but uncomfortable while trying to sleep.

Who was the first National Leaguer to hit 50 home runs in two consecutive seasons?

Last entry's answer was athlete's foot.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sun was hot that day.

This sounds like a voiceover at the beginning of a mysterious movie where you wear a plaid hat a smoke a cigar.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

Matt, I still love your blog! You are still so funny and cute.

Lip Smacker said...

My guess - Kathy Lee Gifford.

So, are we supposed to say, "Happy Birthday"? Because you never really made that clear that you wanted a cookie cake because it was your birthday or because your friends flaked on your birthday.

I purposly stare people down as we pass in the halls and say a loud, "Good Morning". It makes them way more uncomfortable. ;)

Father Rob said...

blah blah blah. I dont care about any of this.

Natalia said...

I'm sad you didn't get a cookie cake. I'll send you some of my cookies. Oh, and that wasn't DIRTY. ;) haha!

but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. deal :)

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

you can come to my birthday and i'll have a cookie cake!

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I once told a story on my blog about how a girlfriend and I were headed somewhere and we got waylaid and never made it. She called me furious later that night ranting about how her dad reads the blog, and she didn't necessarily want her parents to know about her sex life.

I took me a while to figure out what she meant, then once I stopped laughing I explained to her that waylaid doesn't mean really, really laid.

Father Rob said...

Sorry, you're very good Prin, I was the first to hit 50 homers in two years. This still doesnt change the fact that I dont care about anything in this posting (except for cookie cakes, I love cookie cakes).

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.