Friday, March 21, 2008

sleeping for the money

I promise to be short today. It's Friday.

The tournament has begun already. Thank goodness no one else in my group knows how to pick winners. I'm on top. Sort of.

Yesterday afternoon someone announced food up stairs so high tailed it out of my little office area for a little snack. I knew that Suspenders was at his desk, probably playing checkers or Tetris, so I didn't want to bother him with the good news. As I was walking out of the area I glanced in that direction to be nosy and compare my work ethics to his. Well, his computer was off, did he leave? Oh, wait a minute, he's taking a little break to visit the dream fairy. He was out cold, chin on chest, breathing hard, pasted out sleeping. Apparently he had been sleeping long enough that his computer even went into sleep mode itself. Did I wake him? Nope. I paused for an opportunity to chuckle, then continued the mini quest. On my way upstairs I enjoyed the short walk while laughing to myself like a little kid. I informed the rest of the crew and shared some nice laughs. One girl asked if he was dead though.

Mississippi State plays tonight. According to my "Go Dawgs" bracket, they're going to win the National Championship by 4 points. Go Dawgs!

Spring is here. Tomorrow we're eating crawfish. I have a bet with the roommate that I can eat more than him. He bet on me too.

I promise to never use the term, dream fairy, ever again.

Today, I wore a white polo without tucking it into my pants. Yesterday, I wore a grey polo and tucked it into my pants. That's the difference between Lame Thursday and Party Pants Friday.

Who hit into the most double plays in their career?

Last entry's answer was Houston.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Party Pants Friday! My pants are always ready for a party.

As for trivia..umm....your mom?

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Party Pants Friday? I'm in!

You should have taken a picture of Suspenders with your camera phone and anonymously emailed it to him.

Anonymous said...

I think I would also bet on you to eat more also.

I am going to guess Hank Aaron and I am going to say with about a little over 300 times...maybe??

Lip Smacker said...

Dream Fairy says: Britney Spears, "Hit Me Baby One More Time..." Sorry, I dont know baseball...But if you're gonna talk basketball... well, it's your blog so I'll refrain from saying the UCLA or Memphis will win the final. :)

Ditto w/ Maiden - you shoulda taken a pic for him or his boss at least! ;)

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laura rayburn said...

five dollars says your bracket is already busted.

Anonymous said...

I like that you really are a big kid at heart ... never lose that!!!!

Jamie Lovely said...

Party Pants Friday? I think you just started a new trend!