Wednesday, March 26, 2008

take that wednesday

Friday I leave for Starkville, Mississippi, home of Mississippi State University. I'm expecting my friends from way back when to get a cookie cake for me. I would prefer a giant cookie over a cake because I didn't get one on my last birthday. I was pretty bummed and have yet to recovered from the let down.

Tonight I go to the Rockets game. I'm more or less an apathetic fan but I wear the tshirt anyways.

Whenever I eat my orange at my desk I purposely save some of the peelings. With the left over peelings I squeeze them to spread a gorgeous aroma around my desk. It makes my hands really sticky.

Party Pants Friday has been moved to Thursday due to the trip that is occurring on Friday. I will not be wearing any pants on Friday at all.

I was walking up the stairs, well, because it's better for me and the elevator is too slow. I'm a fast one, nothing slow about this guy. So anyways, there were a couple of older guys behind me and being the gentleman that I am, I held the door. Guy number two was pretty confused with Guy number one's exit of the stairwell. "Where are you going?" "Oh, I just like to break up the stairs." The stairs at NASA are steep.

That was probably the worst story anyone could ever share.

I think Juicy from work is a liar. She told me that she saw a man outside Building 1 smoking with his toes. Toes? I mean come on. If I'm going to tell a lie, I'd at least make it a little more believable than that. But she didn't stop there. She involved another coworker. She said that the coworker in the corner said that smoker man lives in his neighborhood and drives a van with his toes. This is crazy. "His foot was propped up on his knee and he was puffing away..older guy dressed professionally with black suit and all." Those grammatical errors in the quotes are ones Juicy made.

I'm pretty much dominating here at work. 10 hour days have become a breeze. 6:30-4:30, piece of cake. Ok, I lied. I'm getting no sleep at night, waking up at 5:30 pretty much blows, and why the heck are so many people leaving downtown at 6:00 in the morning. The traffic is not better. I'm pretty sure my car is a giant magnet that attracts crappy, slow drivers. Probably people driving with their toes.

I hope at least one person holds their breath that I come back safely on Sunday.

Ok, as I was blurting about the lies that Juicy tells someone else chimed in to say that he saw some some guy in the cafeteria eating with his toes. He gave his impression of a guy with no arms and said he was just eating with a fork between his toes. This could be the second time ever that I didn't believe someone and called them a liar. I'm sorry world.

What's the itchy skin condition tinea pedis better known as?

Last entry's answer was ozone.

12 comments:

Lip Smacker said...

Do you want me to start holding my breath now or wait until Friday and start then? ;)

My guess - poison ivy or M.S.

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

Athlete's foot...chalk that to 6 years as a nurse. And 12 years of softball...wear shower shoes.

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Doesn't that gorgeous orange aroma make you desk sticky as well as your hands?

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Father Rob said...

Remember the days when you would get 35 comments? Those were the days. The comments were like a delayed chatroom. I am only the fifth commentor, how sad.

And kudos Prin for the "no exciting girlies around" remark. It made me smile.

I'm going to say psoriasis even though I know its athlete's foot since most of this entry was about feet.

Anonymous said...

Not to make fun, but just to prove he exists, will you get a picture of Smoking Toes and post it?

Don't be defined by your comment quanity. Be defined by how many compliments you get not wearing pants tomorrow.

Lip Smacker said...

Matt! I've been sitting at my desk all day, waiting for Party Pants Thursday to begin as soon as you give the word... but I guess I'll have to wait until next week now.... ;)

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M said...

you're surprised about the traffic? Welcome to Houston! How long have you been living there?

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

tall tales about toes .... =)

every time I read one of your questions I want to go play with google and get the answer so I know I've cheated so cannot answer it! argh.

Im starting to think you have fallen out of love with NerdGirl... haven't seen you cruising my place in awhile... no nasa on my sitemeter! lol are you too busy making sure that the planets all stay aligned or something???

Bella said...

Hope you get your cookie cake!

Bella