Sunday, March 2, 2008

skiing up hill

Skiing was awesome. With a capital a. The new skis pretty much made me one of the elite skiers on the mountain. Since I was going so fast no one could admire how awesome the new skis looked. Except for that ski lift operator. "Sweet skis man. How are they?" "They ski," I said.

I was only jealous two times during the entire trip. The first was when the roommate texted me to tell me he was having crawfish. I told him I was eating snow. Think he got jealous then. The second was when I didn't get to ride the lift with that good looking snowboarder chick. Instead, I got the two old married locals. Who sat on either side of me. Couldn't sit to just one side but had to split me. I felt like a third wheel for a few minutes.

My sister had fun playing with the icicles. At one point I caught her making sword noises. She's in her twenties.

I never in my entire life knew that blowing up an inner tube and sliding down a snow covered hill on top of it could be so much fun. I probably reached mach 1.43 in about 13 feet. After the short ride down the hill I had to hike a marathon with 30 lbs of snow around my ankles back up the mountain to repeat the excitement. It was like having a birthday party and being sent to the principals office all wrapped into one sweet package. My lungs would like to give an unthank you to the Rocky Mountains for having such thin air.

Wart removal: What an annoying task. This is my first wart in the history of my life and it has become quite the pain in the rear to get rid of it. Not only does the medication I put on it start to destroy the wart it makes the skin around the wart peel. I'm never playing with frogs again.

Working on Saturday is the pits. After working here for six full months I receive my first 40 hours of vacation time. After working the full year I get my second 40 hours of vacation. On February 20 I completed 6 months and was rewarded 40 hours of vacation. Five days later I put those 40 hours to good use. Well, now that I'm working Saturday, 32 hours were put to good use. I didn't do anything at work. It was so quiet in there that I turned the tv on. Duke made a crazy comeback and beat NC State.

While skiing on the last day I was proud of myself for getting in trouble. I got yelled at for skiing too fast. "Hey Buddy! Slow down!" as I skied right through the beginner ski lift line leaving melted snow in my trail.

Now three quotes by unknown authors.

"If you aren't crashing, you aren't skiing." - Author Unknown

"When it comes to skiing, there's a difference between what you think it's going to be like, what it's really like, and what you tell your friends it was like." - Author Unknown

"Stretch pants - the garment that made skiing a spectator sport." - Author Unknown

More
to come on the ski trip. Hold your breath.

What two countries are separated by the Tortilla Curtain?

Two entries ago answer was Watt.

13 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

I don't know the answer to your question but I would like to have a curtain made out of tortillas. And maybe a pillow of Pico de Gallo.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the girl in the 206... but I want a table made of guacamole too!

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Sweet skis!

Father Rob said...

Ha Ha. Pink Skis. You're a girl.

Mexico and the U.S.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Pretty mountains.

Marjie said...

Warts eh?! Please tell me it's not on somewhere private. I wouldn't want to get jealous of the frog.

Wait, did I just type that?!
Ummmm.....

So yeah....pretty mountains. :)

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Technodoll said...

Those are some big skis!

I like a man with big skis.

And big ski boots. And big ski gloves... erm.

Glad you had fun :-)

Bella said...

Wow, sounds like you had a great time!

As for the wart, they say it will go away if you have someone buy it from you for a quarter.

I don't know. Never had one.

Portugal/Spain.

Mandy said...

If you were playing with a frog to get the wart then why did the wart end up on your butt...hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I told you the skis were pink Matt. You fairy.

Anonymous said...

Actually the skis are purple on the bottom! And to let everyone know he was just as gulity at playing swords as I was. Atleast I was the retarted one throwing the icicles at my shoes going "I have steel toe boots on" Wow...the things my brother says!