Tuesday, March 18, 2008

poof

It's tourney time! More than half of my day at work for the next few days will go towards researching teams in the first round. It is mandatory that I win my group. Last night was the first time ever that I have talked smack and said a dirty word. Ok, I made that up. I never say dirty words.

I did stuff this past weekend.

This morning I decided to test myself and determine just how deep of sleep I can put myself into. At about 10:10 am the test was finally wrapped up and graded. Well, I passed with an A+. The boss gave me a F and some random person coming back from lunch gave me a C. That should average out to be a C. That's passing.

The old guy with the loop earring at the skip shop shook my hand again. Went to drop my skis off for the summer wax and wanted to chat about Wolf Creek. I told him they had snow. We concluded the 46 second conversation with handshake. He made me feel like a real man. My last sentence made me feel like a school boy.

Went to the antique store. Bought some old albums. The Charlie Daniels Band, Seals and Croft, The Marshall Tucker Band, and Bread to be exact. Framed the album covers in special frames. Hung the framed albums on my wall in the shape of a square.

Some kid in the passenger seat of a Scion stared me down this morning.

Last week I excited myself so much that I had to text my friend and tell her. I beat a song on hard on Guitar Hero. My fingers have never hurt so much. Ever. I've never felt like a dork so much either.

Gob: So, did you see the new Poof?
Michael: [quickly shutting the door] His name’s Gary. And we don’t need any more lawsuits, okay?
Gob: No, I was talking about the magazine... Wait. Gary's gay? Uh-oh. He's gonna think I was coming on to him..

[flashback to earlier that day]


Gob: [to Gary] You've got a nice mouth.
Gob: [watching Gary climbing to reach a shelf] I'd kill for that ass.
Gob: [with Gary sitting on him in the chair] ok, the chair's not doing it now, but whenever I...
-Arrested Development

  • I didn't proof read.

What American city produces most of the egg rolls sold in grocery stores in the United States?

Last entry's answer was peas.

5 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lip Smacker said...

Hey Matt, you know what is more fun than reading your blog? Reading it when I'm hung-over! And why am I the last person on earth that doesn't watch Arrested Development?

Canadian girls are hot, but California girls are easy... Ski Tahoe and hang with me! ;)

M said...

yay for Scions and Guitar Hero!!

Father Rob said...

I like Tobias on Arrested Development:
"even if it means me taking a chubby, I will suck it up." "I'm afraid I just blew myself"

I say L.A.

Lip Smacker said...

Ok, I thought about this twice yesterday.. well, sort of, I had chinese food twice yesterday! So I cheated and asked the mexican guys working at the chinese food place where they think it all comes from and they said probably some place in Texas. Just for fun, I say Daton, Ohio. If the Mexican guys are right, I owe them a Margerita.