Wednesday, September 5, 2007

don't get near me

Today I forgot to put on my deodorant. Thank the Heavens I didn't sweat. I've never been so worried about anything in my whole life. Constantly had the underarm check thing going on. Do they smell something stinky? Stinky is such a kid word, I'll never use it again, sorry. Glad I had on an undershirt today, wish it was my under amour instead. I could look half way buff.

Everyone that reads this blog will probably think I'm a slob. I'm really not.

This afternoon after work I went hunting for some new furniture. College crap out, new loft upgrades in. Found a couple of sweet leather couches that were calling my name to come take a nap on. Trouble happens when trying to find a chair, that isn't leather but will match good with the orange wall and the new leather couch. Pat wasn't much help, even though he seemed pretty gay to me. I'm not going back to him again. Much rather see that cute little blonde at the front desk instead. I'll get her to test out the couch comfort with me.

Talked to The Girl last night. She's coming to visit. At least that's what she's telling me now days. I bet she'll faint at the beauty of my sweet man loft. Most girls do. I better use the word will instead of do. Haven't brought too many up lately, ever. I will, soon, don't you worry.

Mystery Girl update. She can cook. It was like pulling teeth to get that out of her though. I asked if she could cook. "Cook what?" Can you cook. 5 more questions later... she can cook.

That's all I have today. Maybe tomorrow will be more exciting. Doubt it though. Oh wait, I did meet two real live astronauts today. I got their autographs. They seemed stunned.

What long-beaked bird needs 1,600 blossoms to get its daily diet of nectar?

Last entry's answer was Washington.

15 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joen05 said...

I'm going with the hummingbird. My girl can cook, its nice.

When do i get to come and get some astronaut autographs?

Anonymous said...

I've gone without deodorant way too many times myself. I'm going to guess hummingbird also. Did you know that from Best Buy you could buy an Office season 3 set that came with a dundie and a dwight bobblehead. I was pissed when I saw it after I bought mine at target.

Mandy said...

It almost sounds too obvious, but I'm going with the hummingbird.

And the morning I forgot my deo. I stopped at CVS promptly before going to work...we ladies can't be smelling funny!

And maybe Mystery Girl is just playing hard to get.

By the way, glad to hear that you look like Zach Braff...

Anonymous said...

So you just want a girl to cook for you? That's so 1950s'. You should have asked her if she likes to "do it herself." Anyone? Ok....
Deodorant is very important. But I also like boy smells...sometimes.
This comment was pointless in about 18 ways. And I'd like to request a pop culture question tomorrow. Birds shmirds.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

Yeah, I want to know "what" she needs to do herself?

Stephanie said...

I have back up deo in my glove box because the day I was going to meet my boyfriends family I forgot my deo!!! I made him pull into a gas station so I could buy some, it now resides in my glove box. Will it melt?

I don't cook. I suck at it, and I don't enjoy it.

Yep, going with hummingbird too.

Anonymous said...

What? No one can back me up on what that quote was from? C'mon Matt, you have to know....

matt said...

Sorry Sweetheart, I don't know...The Stepford Wives?

Anonymous said...

Beth: Can I help you?
Andy Stitzer: Do I need help?
Beth: Ummm... is there something you are looking for?
Andy Stitzer: Is there something I should be looking for?
Beth: We have an extensive do-it-yourself section.
Andy Stitzer: Do you like to... do it yourself?

(The 40 Year-Old Virgin people...)

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
burd said...

This is 100% true story...I have a friend who was once headed home after a night out, she had a few drinks at the bar but was "ok" to drive home. Well she happened to get pulled over for speeding (stupid) and she just went for the first thing she could find to put into her mouth, which was a stick of "back up" deoderant that was about 6 months old. She took a big bite out of it...not just a lick! And even worse...it wasn't her deo, it was her friends, Yuck! But it must've worked because she wasn't even given a ticket for speeding and they made it home safely. So maybe back up deo has more than one good purpose, haha??

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

um...gross, Burd.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.