Tuesday, September 18, 2007

tuxes and baseball

Bad luck seems to follow me to Minute Maid park every time I go. The Astros lost again. I'm the only one to blame. Sorry Lance, sorry Craig, sorry Carlos. Braves come to town in two weeks, watch out Houston, I'm going to the game.

Today I turned into a real man. I applied for my very first credit card. Finally able to take that fake paper credit card out of my wallet. The edges are beginning to wear down and others are taking notice. I'm so embarrassed.

The Office Season 3 enlightened me on what my car means in Latin. Apparently I drive an Xearth. Probably made up because it sounds stupid.

Proposing at ball games seems to be a new tradition when I'm around. This is the second time I've witnessed some brave man drop to one knee in spit, coke, beer, and peanut shells to begin his journey into wedlock. Here's the scene, Kiss-Cam flies by to encourage old couples into making out and ends on Pedro and Margret with wedding chimes. Pedro calmly sits back while his soon to be wife freaks out and does the deer in headlights look. I don't know what the delay was but he took forever to get down on that knee. Probably having second thoughts. In the end, the fans leave the game with a big L and a newly engaged couple. I love baseball. Wonder if My Future Wife would like that?

Two fellow Houston residents decided to hold up traffic on the way home today. Manuel will now be buying Santiago a new bumper.

Customer: Can I have one of these items that is in a box?
Employee: Of course [retrieves item].
Customer: Can you check to make sure it isn't broken?
Employee: No problem! [Cuts tape and opens box.]
Customer: Great! Now, can I have one that hasn't been opened?
-670 University Avenue
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
Canada
overheardintheoffice.com

Who had an 80s No 1 hit with Karma Chameleon?

Last entry's answer was Mississippi.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew it was our fine state! Boy George?

Anonymous said...

good job on getting that last question right utility al. I will also say boy george for this weeks answer (seems like kind of an easy question). when i saw the part of the office with the x-earth i thought of you matt.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

The credit card is for those slippers we all decided you need after the last post, isn't it?

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

Culture Club

And, I would love to be proposed to at a ball game or a football game! I told Jared that but the Mariners suck and the season is almost over, plus, apparently they are not accommadating proposals at Seahawks games anymore...guess I won't be getting engaged until Sonic's season!

Technodoll said...

How romantic, if you live in a trailer. Popcorn, anyone? :-D

whatagem said...

Yeah well get this:

My husband proposed to me in a MOVIE THEATER!!! (ugh) And if that wasn't bad enough... it the X-Files movie. (UGHHH)

I don't even remember why we went to that movie. Ah, we were 17 and 19, bored out of our skulls.

26 and 28 now, married 6 years...I think I'll have him repropose for our 7 year itch.

Stephanie said...

I appreciate you showing up to the Houston v. Braves game. If you could attend all the games that week, we Braves fans could probably put together a fund!

Do you not remember the mile long post explaining that my boyfriend is slightly afraid of driving through your stomping grounds alone with me? Well, the road trip begins in Houston.

Credit cards are bad. You know, you should probably let me hold on to yours so you don't get yourself in trouble. :)

Anonymous said...

Love,love,love the name of your blog!!!!!! LOL

Kay said...

Ooo, ooo! I know this one! It's Culture Club, not Boy George. Boy George was in Culture Club.