Wednesday, September 19, 2007

thanks

Someone needs to invent a word that only half way means thank you. Today I could have used that word 6 different times. It would be perfect to use when someone only half way holds the door open. Or when Art Vandelay asks how my day is while walking away. If anyone knows of such a word or happens to invent this word notify me first and Mr Webster second. I need it more than him.

Tomorrow is a big day at work for me, the rest of the space suit community and NASA. We are conducting a test where supposedly numerous big wigs are coming to check things out and give their two cents. Since this is my test I have to have some crowd control to keep these fellows under wraps. I'm nervous, what if I tell the wrong head honcho to shut up and stay behind the yellow line?

I need something to take up space for paragraph three.

Two more days till the Dave Matthews Band Concert. I'll be counting down out loud all day at work tomorrow and Friday.

Tomorrow night is Fiesta Night September 2007. I couldn't be more excited. Some neighbors are coming, hopefully girl from the coffee machine will come. I still need to ask her. I'm pretty sure she will say yes. Who can turn down tacos, tamales, chips, rice, beans, and sombreros. I can't.

Who was the first pope?

Last entry's answer was Culture Club.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot margaritas. Say that, and coffee machine girl AND high heel girl will definitely come.
When do we get a picture of you in a space suit?
That reminds me, I had "Astronaut Cabbage Patch Doll" growing up. I think she's still in my mom's attic. I bet she's worth something now. She had pig-tail braids that stood straight up, which obviously they would because she's IN SPACE.

Anonymous said...

Peter? I think I remember learning that at some point.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Father Rob is right, that is if you believe in Catholic dogma.

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

Yay Dave!!! Trust me, you won't be dissapointed with the concert. He will play a lot of stuff that you haven't heard yet. Is robert Randolf opening? He is AMAZING and their version of "All Along the Watchtower" with DMB is crazy good! Tell me everthing that happens when you go! I would love to just be a "dave-head" and follow them arround and go to all the shows. The new song, "Eh Hee" is a trip live!

Oh and the answer is according to Roman Catholics, St Peter was the first Pope but there are speculations that in fact, he was not the first Pope. But in Catholic school, it was drilled in my head that it was St. Peter so I am sticking to it!

joen05 said...

Good luck with the presentations tomorrow. Can I come to the party? I can't say no to that!

joen05 said...

Hey matt, if you get a chance, can you update my domain on your blogroll?

www.intermissionatwork.com

Thanks!!!

whatagem said...

I got nothing for "thank you", but I got a zillion things for "you're welcome"

No sweat.
No problem.
De nada.
Yup.
Don't mention it. No, really--don't mention it!

I hate when you say "thank you" to a cashier and they say "you're welcome"

I could elaborte, but you probably know where this would go...

Anonymous said...

If you don't want them to say your welcome, why do you say thank you?

Mandy said...

Good point - there really is no "half word" for thank you, and there definitely should be. Maybe if we all put our minds together and pick something, we can all start using it, and it will catch on...

Sounds like too much work, though. :o)

Kay said...

I think you should make up your own word for half-thanks. It would be way cooler than anything Mr. Webster comes up with. In situations like you're describing, I think I just tend to nod and smile.

I love tacos! If I were in Houston, I'd come to your party.

Skryker said...

What about "Taa", like you say to a little kid when they give you something?

It's almost literally half of thanks. :)