Saturday, September 15, 2007

the perfect day

Today has to be the greatest day since I've been in the Lone Star State. Mississippi State beat that Auburn team that can't decide on one mascot. War eagle or tiger? I'd pick muskrat if I were president there. Today I screamed, hollered, jumped, threw things, and swore during the entire ball game. It must have worked, we pulled through with the bad-to-the-bone upset. Only one downfall though, I had to drop $250ish on xm radio just to listen to the marvelous victory. Texas doesn't appreciate Mississippi State sports yet.

Yesterday and Tuesday I turned into a girl. I went shopping and enjoyed spending money. I hope that never happens and again. I'm embarrassed. My Future Wife is jealous that she can't be me during those rare times. It will never happen again this year, except for maybe Christmas. I'm scared already.

As you all know I went to the uneventful state of Delaware this week. Sorry to keep everyone waiting on pins and needles for the much anticipated business trip report. Three nights in a hotel room alone is quite amusing. I watched tv, a lot. Both rooms had sleeper sofas. Since I've never slept on a sleeper sofa I took full advantage of the situation. In fact, housekeeping wrote me a note and told me is was ok to sleep in the big bed. Little did they know, it was easier for me to make up the sleeper sofa. You just tuck that thing in and hide it with cushions. Think I'm going to get one for my bedroom now. Chicks will dig my clean room.

Paragraph four.

The three nights while on the road I busted my chaps and worked hard at cleaning my plate. Didn't want the boss to think I was a wimp and couldn't make a happy plate. Never have I ever eaten three awesomely delicious dinners in a row. Yellow fin tuna, flounder, crab, seafood bisque, swordfish. Who's devoured a swordfish? I have. One day I'm going to row a boat out into the mighty Atlantic, or Gulf and reel me in a ferocious swordfish. Then use him in that fencing class I saw at the mall yesterday.

I hear High Heels upstairs. I hope she has a fun tonight.

Ron Burgundy: Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.
Brian Fantana: I don't know, Ron.
Ron Burgundy: Guess what, I do. I know that one day Veronica and I are gonna to get married on top of a mountain, and there's going to be flutes playing and trombones and flowers and garlands of fresh herbs. And we will dance till the sun rises. And then our children will form a family band. And we will tour the countryside and you won't be invited.
-Anchor Man: The Legend of Ron Burgundy

I think that's it.

Where was Big Foot first photographed?

Last entry's answer was Chinese.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trick question. Since big foot doesn't exist then he has never been photographed. I told you that you needed a sleeper sofa, they're awesome.

joen05 said...

I just checked ESPN and saw that Miss. St beat Auburn, and my first thought was to come by here to see what ya had to say. nice post, congrats on the huge win today!

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
whatagem said...

I know the answer! My back yard.

Anonymous said...

I say IHOP.
Shopping is more fun than sports. You'll learn that soon.
And you probably are way too busy (and important!) for me. Though I don't like a boy to be around all the time. In fact, the less I see of him, probably the better we'll get along. So you never know.....

Technodoll said...

Um, has to be Canada, everyone knows we eat bigfoot burgers for breakfast. Tsk.

Glad you're back, suspenders or not. Did you tip that maid really well?

Stephanie said...

Shame on you for being funny today, as I am sitting in this VERY boring Excel class my company paid so dearly for, and rather than paying attention, I am reading blogspot. :) But then I read that you didn't sleep in the big boy bed, and I laughed outloud...oops!

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

I think it was somewhere around India, wasn't it? I love that movie "Harry and the Henderson's"...it tugs at my heart strings!

Kay said...

Gee, if you think Delaware has some good seafood, you should really try Maryland's crab cakes. They're the best in the world. For real. After all, we OWN the Chesapeake Bay.

Mandy said...

lol - I can't believe you slept on the sofa bed rather than the real bed!!! Sofa beds are SO very uncomfortable.

Anonymous said...

"Crab Cakes and Football...That's what Maryland does!" -Wedding Crashers