Thursday, September 27, 2007

pb and j

Everyday I eat the same thing. Peanuuut, peanut butter and jelly, peanuuut, peanut butter and jelly. My mom used to make me sing that everyday at lunch when I was a little kid. First you take the peanuts and smash 'em, you smash 'em, smash 'em, smash 'em. Then you take the grapes and squish 'em, you squish 'em, squish 'em, squish 'em.....It was especially good today. Unlike yesterday when it was only half way good. There are also some Wheat Thins thrown in there for some crunch. Finally, top it off with an apple and some Target brand fruit snacks. Hope I don't miss the school bus back home this afternoon.

The computer got delayed another day. Oct 2.

Today I sat at my new desk for a total of 5 hours. I'm gradually working myself into it. The chair is not nearly as comfortable as the one up stairs. Think I'm going to trade chairs with Beanstalk who I can see when I peak around my monitor. That's right, we have a new guy at work to blog about. I've been missing the others from Mississippi. Heart Breaker Dan, Old Guy, Tootsie, and there was one more. I can't remember what his name was. He didn't play an intricate part in my day dreams. Nor my night dreams. That would be weird.

Looks like I have a case of diarrhea of the fingers today. I try to type really fast so the others in the office think I'm doing real work. Makes me sound professional and busy.

Braves are coming to town this weekend. They are guaranteed one win on Saturday just because I'll be present. The Astros are intimidated by my presence. Did that sentence make me sound like a video gamer? I think it did. I will never use the words intimidated and presence in the same sentence ever again. Sorry that you had to read that. Taking it back 5 sentences, I'm pretty excited to see a win out of the Braves, they need it. I'm wearing my Atlanta hat to a Houston game. Living life on the edge.

Suspenders warned me that he was going to have a mouth full of dirty words. I asked if he would tell me "ear muffs" when he feels it beginning to flow. I don't think he knew what I was talking about. Continuing on he proceeded to inform me that he found a new level of stupidity this afternoon. I think that's a great discovery and what better place to find it than at NASA. We explore space, walk on the moon, travel to mars, communicate with aliens, and discover new levels of stupidity. I'm putting in overtime this week.

Some lady is dancing at another woman's desk right now. I paused to watch the awkwardness.

See I was on the verge of breaking down
Sometimes silence can seem so loud
There are miracles in life I must achieve
But first I know it starts inside of me, oh
If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it
I believe I can fly
-R. Kelly

How many miles is one light year?

Last entry's answer was the gallbladder.

20 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joen05 said...

Hope you like the new computer... I'm a mac addict myself. Waiting for the new Mac Pros though, cuz I'm banking on the blog. Just kidding. Not about waiting on the Mac Pros. About banking on the blog.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Touche, I make fun of you for spelling sundae wrong then you get me back by asking a question that only a rocket scientist would know. I'm still going to guess....how about 582302938421312039820391283754987230948203842309803492830426710.82?
I think Utility Al voted for his favorite Pop-Tart on the poll more than once.

Rahul said...

I became allergic to peanut butter last year..after 25 years of eating pb and j. I am sad.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You are such a flirt. But I suppose if I can carry on a psuedo-relationship with someone 500 miles west of me, I can do the same for someone 500 miles east. All right, we're dating. I guess you'd better send me flowers now.
Also, I guess one shazillion miles.
I'm surprised one or two of the geeks on B&TG didn't hail from your office.

whatagem said...

I'll call your bluff on the comment you left on my blog. Got a *funny* pic you could share? leave the url in my comments or send to whatagem123@sbcglobal.net

Mandy said...

I'm so excited that the brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts are winning so far...

matt said...

Wow prin, I'm impressed you know about the constant c.

rs, you should just eat it anyway because it's that good.

rob, try again.

joen, my blog has already pulled in like $68. I made that up.

martini, you're a lucky girl now. I also submitted about 16 guys for b&tg from here at work.

gem, just you wait till I get a good one.

poo, did you vote for brown sugar?

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Go Brown Sugar Cinnamon! It seems that some other bland person likes No Frosting Strawberry. Matt, you need more Back to the Future trivia (at least I could get those right.)

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I have decided to wait and read your blogs at work (which is completely against company policy) because it seems to be the only bright part of my day.

Anonymous said...

you said this was supposed to be boring... its not at all! quite entertaining. keep it up :)

<3 kate

Kathy said...

I will guess 6 Trillion miles in one light year. If that's wrong I'll blame my husband, the science teacher, he gave me the answer.

Stephanie said...

Ha...you called my sister poo! I guess I could have taken that like pooh bear, but it's funnier the other way! I voted chocolate. Seems someone is with me.

roentare said...

I really enjoy this site :)

Bella said...

PB&J. My all-time fav. My kids are screwed up though and won't eat it with jelly. They hate jelly. I don't get it.

Skryker said...

My Dad is the other way-jam and jelly are fine, but he hates PB. I still make my pb and j jelly first because to get peanut butter in the jelly was a major crime in my house. :)

Mandy said...

Yes I voted!