Friday, April 25, 2008

restroom versus bathroom

There were too many people in the lab during a test. I volunteered to leave. It was an excellent excuse for me to leave and go back to my desk to write a blog post.

Last night I attempted to make hamburgers and failed on the buns. I thought it would be cool to have a special bun for my George Foreman burger. Well, I thought wrong. For some crazy reason, I had decided in my head/heart that a sourdough bun would be the hip thing for a hamburger. Ok, so the grocery store doesn't sell or make sourdough buns. Not a problem. The soup bread bowl resembles a very large bun, so why not just cut it into smaller chunks. Perfect. The idea was shaping up quite nicely, except that my bun was more squarish than round. Then, I sat down and began the the chow down process. First bite, all bread and cheese. Not a problem, I'll get it the second on the second round. Bite two, no meat. By the time I had reached the third bite I was tired of chewing. It was a freakin bread bowl for crying out loud. That stuff doesn't chew very well. Third bite, mostly bread and cheese with a hint of meat. Screw it, I changed buns. It was a sort of messy process but well worth it. Thank you Sara Lee for making real hamburger buns.

I like oranges but I don't like peeling them.

I'm truly wearing party pants for Party Pants Friday. Maybe I shouldn't wear these, I don't know. The problem with this particular pair is that the zipper unzips itself constantly. Walking down the hall, unzip. Sitting at my desk, unzip. It does save time when going to the restroom.

I wish they made popcorn flavored air fresheners for the restroom. Then going to the bathroom wouldn't be such torture. It would make me think of the movies. Then I would walk out and be hit with the reminder that I'm at work. Disappointment.

When is it ok to use bathroom instead of restroom?

It's the freakin weekend baby
I'm about to have me some fun
"Ignition (Remix)" - R Kelly

Who committed suicide two years after taking a stab at Julius Caesar?

Last entry's answer was 5.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That zipper thing could be grounds for sexual harassment. OR you could score a date, depending on how cute your boxers are.

I don't like when people call it the "restroom." Who rests there? Get in, do your business, get out. They should call it the businessroom.

Father Rob said...

Who takes baths there at work? I REST there all the time. I sit there, take my time, ponder life. Your comment failed martini.

You're an idiot for trying a bread bowl for a bun.

Popcorn air freshener in the restroom is the worst idea I've ever heard. Can you imagine smelling buttered popcorn mixed with the stench of pee and poop? I would never want popcorn again.

I agree with you on the oranges. Naval oranges are the best. No seeds.

Who are the fools that are voting for Kevin Costner? He hasnt been in a movie in ten years and hes never even been in a halfway decent one.

Brutus.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Maiden Metallurgist said...

I love singing Ignition (Remix) at karaoke. Well, after many, many cocktails.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm urine popcorn. I agree with Father Rob! A bit weird but also slightly ingenious. Someone would by it.
Well done you!
Party Pant must be good, easy access, saves time. In Australia we just say, "I'm going to the toilet,". When I was holidaying in the USA people looked at me with horror when I said that, like I said, "i'm going to take a dump in the street,"
Really, so conservative.
L

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled here...hahaha love the sourdough bun debacle. So close with the breadbowl, yet so, so far.