Wednesday, April 23, 2008

this post is just another brick in the wall

I like the wave. I can think of no better way to prove my fanhood. It really brings a smile to my face like no other mass cheer does. Waiting...Waiting...Oh gosh, here it comes...Getting ready...Do I stand, or just stay seated and throw my arms up?...Two sections away...High pitched yell or just a manly Wooo?....Oh crap, it's here!! Then, the excitement of watching a human wave take over a stadium begins. Who doesn't love doing the wave? 40,000 plus people working together to transform an ordinary stadium into a vast ocean experience. Wish they could have inflatable surfboards that would ride the wave.

I think I screwed up this morning. Not quite sure, but I think I wore this same exact shirt 3-4 working days ago. If anyone notices, my cool guy status will be in question. This might be the end of everything great in my life. I'll probably just hide behind my monitor all day.

Batteries are another item, that I was reminded of on Monday, that I really hate buying.

Stink is definitely back and in full force. The week long vacation only made things worse. It's to the point where I'm ready for some payback. Or either a cover up. I'll bring my Fresh Linens air freshener spray can to work. This office will smell like a dryer when I'm through.

Someone made a "Young Lust" by Pink Floyd comment that made me laugh. Another peon was making a conference call and the phone ringing sounded just like the one from the song. So guy in the office next to me said, "This is the United States calling". I thought it was funny and probably no one else ever will. Now I sound like an idiot for explaining that.

Ooooo I need a dirty woman
Ooooo I need a dirty girl
"Young Lust" by Pink Floyd

How many U.S. presidents played a role in Vietnam's civil war?

Last entry's answer was January.

7 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Have you tried inconspicuously hiding a bar of soap and some deodorant in Stink's desk drawer as a hint?

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

There is no wave in Baseball...just sayin'.

Father Rob said...

Matt needs a dirty girl.

There are so many punctuation errors in the batteries paragraph.

I say 3.

Anonymous said...

Matt just needs a girl, any girl.

Speaking of that, I haven't heard from JigaMax or whatever we had decided to call her.

Anonymous said...

I got you Floyd reference.

“Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way” (writing blogs)

I would notice if you wore the same shirt. You need to develop a rotation strategy. We need to work on this Matt!
L

joen05 said...

I only participate in the wave if there is a girl involved...

I also like the smell of dryers. That is all.