Friday, April 11, 2008

rubbernecking

I think my roommate had a brain fart and miss took the kitchen rag for food last night or this morning. The time of day doesn't really matter. One end of the rag was torn and frayed. It wasn't like that before I went to bed and now it just doesn't make sense. Thank goodness he didn't eat the whole thing. The green rag was my favorite.

I pick all the onions and green peppers off my frozen supreme pizza before I cook it. Why can't Digiorno make a pizza with just the stuff I like?

The wreck on the other side of the interstate this morning caused a bigger traffic jam than the side with the wreck. Why rubberneckers? I know, I know, it's extremely difficult to not look at a bunch of idiots standing on the side of the road, doing nothing and kicking bumpers. But then, miraculously once it becomes difficult to turn your head for a peek, the traffic speeds back to normal. Absolutely amazing.

Why are the doors on showers made of glass but you rarely see clear shower curtains?

I'm pretty much feeling awesome now. Sittin on top of the world. I was on time to work for the first time this entire month yesterday morning. Will I get a promotion? Probably not. Do I deserve reward? Absolutely. Was I on time this morning? Nope.

How in the heck do my earplug wires get so tangled up from just sitting on the desk top or in the drawer? Every time I want to listen, it takes me at the least 60 seconds to uncross, untie, and straighten the wires. Sometimes I think it'd be easier to cut the knots out.

I'm tired, tired, tired of public restroom toilet paper being so difficult to use. The janitors cram the largest roll into the tightest space and expect the toilet users to be able to spin the roll and accumulate enough toilet paper for use. Ok, so you get the roll to spin, then the cheap crap tears off, leaving you only a few squares to work with. I pull and pull to get myself barely anything. Life is difficult.

Another restroom paragraph. I think it would be a wonderful idea for music to be piped into the throne room. Seriously, having music will not only help the toilet user relax, but also break up the awkward silence held by two or more potty seekers.

Frank: Anything? Well, uh I guess I, deep down, am feeling a little confused. I mean, suddenly, you get married, and you're supposed to be this entirely different guy. I don't feel different. I mean, take yesterday for example. We were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely. And uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order, and I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?
-Old School

What type of chocolate was first developed for public consumption in Vevey, Switzerland in 1875?

Last entry's answer was Babe Ruth.

11 comments:

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

I totally agree with having music in the restroom...then I can poop more comfortably.

BTW, going to the Dave and Tim concert tonight in Seattle with the Dalai Lama...I will let you know how AWESOME it was! :)

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HWHL said...

I don't think I've ever wondered what color a man's underpants were. Ever.

Sassy & Stupefied said...

Can I just say... being punctual with work is like trying a foreign food. You're very careful about it... not sure if you want to risk it... and then you try it once, and it's incredible. No more risk involved; you know it's delicious.

At that point, you're always late, my friend. Sounds like you liked your food.


Unfortunately for me, I sidestepped the foreign dish for a good while and finally got up the nerve to take a bite. It was the most horrendous taste I've ever had in my mouth. It burned. Badly.

Needless to say, I've never been late again.

Father Rob said...

I'm with you on the music and putting an end to the silence. Nothing is worse than being in a stall and after hearing the silence broken by a "BLOOP" coming from the stall next to you. AWKWARD....

I guess old school was fairly funny. More so than Wedding Crashers.

I'm with Prin. Milk Chocolate.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marjie said...

you know there's music at the lady's room sometimes. you should take a peek when you get a chance.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes in dodgy areas in australia they pipe in really bad music into shopping centre toilets to stop people from sleeping there. I often wonder who selects the music..I secretly enjoy listening.
Thanks for the link back! Legend.

Natalia said...

the onions and peppers are the best part. if you eat the sausage and pepperoni, I'll eat the rest. ha! :)

Anonymous said...

We have musak in our company bathrooms. I like hearing a saxaphone rendition of N'Sync's Bye Bye Bye when I pee.

Lip Smacker said...

Nice hotels have music in their bathrooms, that's why I always hold it until I drive by a nice hotel. Sometimes I make my roommate stand outside the door and sing to me too... it's very soothing. ;)