Monday, October 1, 2007

iHappy

For the past two weeks I have been checking FedEx.com religiously for up to date information on the new computer delivery. 3,867 hits later I confirmed the delivery. This will be the best week ever. I couldn't be more excited. I'll probably leave work as soon as I finish posting. Maybe. Doubt it. Yes I will.

This weekend was non stop fun. I can't tell you about it because my mom might read this. I hope she doesn't read this sentence. Is 30 too old? I like 29 better, is 29 too old?

Sunday after church I made some more progress on the beauty of the apartment, I mean the masculinity of the apartment. I hope mom reads that sentence. A new rug was purchased for the master bedroom. I was so juiced up after buying it that I slept on it last night. Click I have a place to clean my Walmart feet instead of wiping them on my roommate's rug to sneak a peak. I hope it blows everyone away. If not, don't tell me. I've never been so sore before in my life.

Saturday night history was made at Minute Maid Ballpark. The Astros won with me present. That's not suppose to happen, especially when the Braves come to town. What made it even worse was that there were two little boys, 8th grade boys, sitting next to me. They thought it was funny to give the guy in the Braves hat a hard time. Me. "Braves fans smell funny." "If you like the Braves you can't take part in the wave." But I still did. "The Braves couldn't beat a team full of girls." "Braves fans are stupid." After a few low blows there was no holding back. He learned the ridicule of wearing braces, having a 23 year old saying "Your Momma" to an 8th grader, and the fact that he doesn't like girls yet. I let him have it. Then his mom gave me a dirty look. By the 7th inning the Braves comments became, "You work at NASA?!?" "How much money do you make?" I replied, more than I can spend and then flicked him a quarter like in the old western movies.

“You have a cough? Go home tonight, eat a whole box of Ex-Lax - tomorrow you'll be afraid to cough.” - Pearl Williams

Brett Favre is my new Mississippi hero. From now on I'm going to as myself, how would Brett handle this situation. What number is Brett Favre? Don't look this up.

Last entry's answer was 5,865,696,000,000 miles.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang it Matt, quit asking scientific/sports questions. Theres no way I could get those right. I'm going to guess 32. The flicking a quarter comment made me laugh. And why does this post have a Napoleon Dynamite quote label?

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

I went to a Mariners game a month ago and the kid behind me decided it would be funny to throw peanut shells in the hood of my sweatshirt. After I saved his life by catching a sharply head foul ball that was inches away from his face, he thought I was the coolest thing ever. heck, I thought I was the coolest thing ever.

Funny you should mention a rug...check out my blog because I need to buy a rug for under my bed!

Rahul said...

I do like you said "Your Momma" instead of the gramatically incorrect " Yo' Momma" Good to see America's youth will be educated in the proper pronunciation of a tried and true comeback.

Kudos.

Anonymous said...

Father Rob, here is some Back to the Future trivia just for you:

What kind of car do The Starlighters smoke in?

Anonymous said...

Is 30 too old for what? For your mom?
I laugh hilariously every time Ben Stiller tries to say Brett Favre's name at the end of There's Something About Mary.
I really liked the rug. I'm not sure about it blowing me away though...it is just a rug. But for a boy, you did good.
So, are you going to tell us about your date?

Stephanie said...

Sounds very similiar to the ridicule we endured during the 2006 Peach Bowl LSU v. Miami. Damian and I decked out in orange & green, and this 8 year old kid decked out in purple. Oh, Damian let him have it, and when it got to the point of the kid almost crying I made him stop, and thats where it went downhill...not another point...no fieldgoals, no touchdowns...nothing! That kid gave it right back to us.

Oh, and he's #4, right?

Anonymous said...

Dang it, stumped again. I'm going to guess anyway... a Bel Air? I know the lead singer of the band is Marvin Berry and he's supposed to be Chuck Berry's cousin. Here's how the scene goes (i think) "hey what the hell you doing to my car" "hey beat it spook, this dont concern you" "who you callin' spook pecker wood?" "hey listen I dont wanna mess with no reefer addicts" "get home to yo mama boy".....

matt said...

Rob - Quit crying.

206 - My new 8th grade friends threw peanuts at me too. What'd I do about it? I ate 'em.

rs27 - If I'm gonna rip on the young kids I'll make it correct.

martini - If my mom is 30 then that means she had me when she was 6. Gross.

skittle - I don't recognize the purple team. Who are they?

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joen05 said...

Favre is #4! Glad to hear you had fun at the game, wish I could go to one!

Anonymous said...

Rob - It's a Cadillac.

Matt - I hope that rug was on sale.

Unknown said...

I've never seen a rug that actually looks pixelated...

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.