Wednesday, December 5, 2007

can't wake up

I rented a movie at Blockbuster on Saturday night. The check out guy wasn't very nice. He looked to be in his 30s. Of course I wouldn't be happy working there in my 30s. That's no reason to snap at Jr for asking about Pirates of the Caribbean III though. "It's not out yet. It'll be out when it's out." While pointing to the board behind him. Anyways, the most shocking thing was when he told me the days my movie was due back. That's right days, with a S. My movie was due on two separate days, Monday and Tuesday. That's just bizarre.

Thanks Utility Al for the "Being in Your Wedding" present. I used the tool to get my zipper down. It was stuck.

Over the weekend a large number of friends back in Mississippi got together to go out to eat. I wanted to go but didn't. So the best thing I could think of was to send some pictures of myself to Utility Al and get him to print 'em, take 'em to the restaurant. (I like saying 'em instead of 'them', feels like home. I'll never use 'them' again.) He did and posted 'em onto a folder so they'd stand up better. Not only was my picture present but they sat in the chair next to My Future Wife. Apparently she was too over taken with emotion due to my absence to let 'em sitting alone in the chair. She then decided it would be best to burn the picture to relieve the pressure of seeing my beautiful face. I'll be home soon My Future Wife. Please take your mask off when I get there.

I have to stay at work longer than usual today. Once again I couldn't wake up. The alarm went off at 5:45 and I woke up at 7:56. Why can't I just get up? Will someone come wake me up every morning.

Clark: Since this is Aunt Bethany's 80th Christmas, I think she should lead us in the saying of Grace.
Aunt Bethany: [turns to Lewis] What, dear?
Nora Griswold:Grace!
Aunt Bethany: Grace? She passed away thirty years ago.
Uncle Lewis: They want you to say Grace. [Bethany shakes her head in confusion]
Uncle Lewis: The BLESSING!
Aunt Bethany: [they all pose for prayer] I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands/ One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
Clark: Amen.

I hope this post made some sense. It didn't to me.

What California city did the last Pony Express ride end in?

Last entry's answer was pork.

9 comments:

Shandra said...

Lol you are absolutely rediculous, It would bever occur to my to send a picture instead of my attendance. That's too funny.
I'm loving the festive music on your blog!

I'll wake you up!!

i have no idea what the answer to your question is

Father Rob said...

San Francisco?

I took that picture and I dont remember her wearing a mask.... oh well.

I'm not a big fan of Christmas Vacation (except for cousin Eddie and his dickie). There are two different kinds of people in the world: the people that grew up watching Christmas Vacation and the people that grew up watching A Christmas Story.

Anonymous said...

I grew up watching both.

Why didn't you post the other picture?

Los Angeles.

KellyNerd said...

Ok, now I want to see the other picture!

Love,love, love the Griswolds!

Daszzle said...

I hate to shed any dreams and flickers of hope... but dear Matt, when a lady friend burns a photo of you it's normally not a good sign.

Anonymous said...

Future Wife looks like Karyn Bosnak a little.

Christmas Vacation all the way!!
Clark, Audrey's frozen from the waist down.
That's all part of the experience, honey.

Stephanie said...

San Deigo? Really its just not already been guessed so I thought I would guess it. Probably not right, never is.

Nope, my comment doesn't make any more sense than your post. Dang it!

Bella said...

Blockbuster? No. You need to try Netflix. No human contact.

:) bella

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.