Wednesday, December 12, 2007

christmas singing

Look who's at work super early this morning. I have a picture of Santa hanging in my office that I touch every morning for good luck. It's a truly uplifting experience.

I like how the word "exit" is both a noun and a verb.

Ok, here it goes. Twelve Drummers Drumming, Eleven Pipers Piping, Ten Lords a Leaping, Nine Ladies Dancing, Eight Maids a Milking, Seven Swans a Swimming, Six Geese a Laying, Five Golden Rings, Four Calling Birds, Three French Hens, Two Turtle Doves and a Partridge in a Pear Tree. Whoa.

I'm counting down my birthday starting today. Eight more days. Everyone else should probably join in on this and then send multiple gifts.

I wish I had one of those December calendars that has the chocolates for each day. In college, my roommate had one. Me and the other roommate figured out how to steal the chocolates without opening each day. We took most of the chocolates. He called the store, manufacturer, and supplier about this issue. They only gave him the runaround.

This week is dessert week at work. Earlier I was explaining this bodacious event to Utility Al through email and kept typing desert. He never understood. Anyways, today I brought two sweet potato pies. Mmm, I hope they're gone within a matter of 17 minutes. That would be such an inspiration with the holidays coming up.

Clark: So, when did you get the tenament on wheels?
Eddie: Oh, that uh, that there's an RV. Yeah, yeah, I borrowed it off a buddy of mine. He took my house, I took the RV. It's a good looking vehicle, ain't it?
Clark: Yeah, it looks so nice parked in the driveway.
Eddie: Yeah, it sure does. But, don't you go falling in love with it now, because, we're taking it with us when we leave here next month.
-Christmas Vacation

What was the first U.S. sitcom to be exported to Britain?

Last entry's answer was Albert Einstein's.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the year I lived there. I remember eating a lot of them also.

It's not my fault you can't spell dessert or oops.

The Simpsons.

Father Rob said...

I Love Lucy

"desert" "opps"

ha.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bella said...

I'm still waiting for my sweet potato pie...

Kathy said...

Thanks for singing today. I enjoyed the music.

Anonymous said...

I don't have the patience to open a door each day for a tiny piece of chocolate. When I was a kid, it was Dec. 1 through the 25th all in one day.

It's amazing I'm not fat.

Even though you keep talking about them, I still keep thinking SPP sounds kinda icky. Though sweet potato fries I'm ALL for.

Rahul said...

I have to agree with Martini. I do like Sweet Potato fries, not so sure about the pie.

I'm guessing Who's the Boss. Hey, Samantha!

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daszzle said...

Ok, so you touch Santa when you go into work each day? Say that aloud... it's totally dirty haha.

Hmm sweet potatoa pie, sounds yummy. Never had it. Maybe, for your birthday, you should send some to me. I'll send a birthday/thank-you card back. It'll work out nicely.

Have a good one.

Shandra said...

Give me a sweet potato pie!

I'm not sure , but I'm certain the Simpson was not transfered to britain. It's usually the other way around though, exported from Britain to the US

Kay said...

Matt! Thank you for still visiting my sadly neglected little corner of the web.

I love the Christmas music you've got goin' on. Pretty cool.

Do you have a Hallmark store near you? They sell the advent calendars with the chocolate. If you buy one, you can open Dec. 1 through 12 all in one day because those days have already passed!

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KellyNerd said...

Hm still making sweet potato pies but still not sharing the recipe. ok then nerdgirl can take a hint. =)

I just figured if HE could make 'em, then for sure I could ... oh wait a sec, you work for NASA so I guess you can do anything duh! =))

Shandra said...

What's the answer???