Friday, December 14, 2007

shower games

There's one guy here at work that always speaks to me at the wrong time, and thank goodness it's only one. The only time I see Mr. Awkward is in the bathroom. Carrying on conversations in the bathroom is not the way to strike up a friendship. It smells, I want to get in and get out as fast as possible. No, Mr. Awkward has to talk about the day, ask where I'm from, and then inform me on the recent weather trends in the greater Houston area. First .2 second pause in his speech and I'm outta here. Crap, he caught me, during the exit I had to hold the door open because he continued to talk. Let me do my business and leave. I'm certain there's a Man Law against saying more than three words in the bathroom. "Sup?" You're done, end of conversation, no eye contact required.

It blows my mind at how old astronauts are. We're sizing some up in the lab and they practically hobble in on walkers and wheelchairs. Umm, are you going to be able to float around during that space walk without having a cramp or heart attack? Their hair better not fall out in my suit. Haven't quite understood why they can't be good looking either. Requirement to be an astronaut: Old and homely looking.

Am I a geek?

I tried to play basketball in the shower last night. Empty body wash bottle, glass door, trashcan, basketball season. Add all those together and you get the final shot in the last 1.4 seconds of the championship game, down by 2. Size up the shot...aim...shoot. Brick! I lose. I blame it on still having tight muscles from the work out. Yeah, that's it. I'll never work out again when the body wash is getting low.

Why is "Picture of Matt" dominating the Christmas poll? I mean come on, a picture of me? What's wrong with you people? Can I make an entire paragraph with nothing but questions? Wonder if this has ever been done in the history of blogging? Are we witnessing history in the making or is this just bonkers?

Ellen: You set standards that no family activity can live up to.
Clark: When have I ever done that?
Ellen: Parties, weddings, anniversaries, funerals, holidays, vacations, graduations...

What's the maximum number of answers on a single Jeopardy! show?

Last entry's answer was I Love Lucy.

10 comments:

Father Rob said...

Wow. Bodywash? A real man uses bar soap.

Yeah I cant believe that people would rather have a picture of you than ice skates. My only explanation is that Prin is voting for a picture of you on every computer she can find.

The Christmas Vacation quotes continue to annoy me. The only good National Lampoon movie was the first Vacation movie.

The trivia: Let me work this out.... okay there are two rounds of Jeopardy that have 6 categories each so thats 12 and theres 5 questions in each category so thats 60 and then theres Final Jeopardy so my answer is 61.

The Maiden Metallurgist said...

Seriously, I don't even use body wash and I am a girl.

And don't feel bad, I've never really met any good looking metallurgists either.

Anonymous said...

I bet you use a "luffa" too? I had to Google that to spell it, but I still don't know if it's right.

You girly man.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

I don't think using body wash is any worse than guys using a hair straightening flat iron. I know about this because 5 tough guys from a heavy metal band are at my house and last night the biggest, hairiest one with the longest hair got my daughter to straighten his hair.

Rahul said...

I use body wash. Party on, Matt. Don't let people bring you down. I also own an Avril Lavigne cd and watch Grey's Anatomy.*

*Possibly true.

Mandy said...

lol, in the girls bathroom everyone chit chats with one another. And if you don't know someone in the bathroom already, then you talk on your cell phone.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
? said...

I live for conversations in the bathroom. But usually my girlfriends and I are too busy soaping each other down to talk.

Technodoll said...

Um. Hot naked wet guy in shower, and you wonder why we want a photo. Tsk.