Tuesday, December 11, 2007

crap, not again

The weekend was lazy. I was late for work again this morning. 10:20 today. Looks like another long night in the office. If anyone wants to get me an alarm clock, that would be great.

Saturday night I went to a church Christmas program that was bigger than any circus I've ever been to. There were elephants and camels in the sanctuary. OMG. That was probably the 2nd loudest audience I have ever sat in where the audience was supposed to be quiet. The girl in font of me dropped her glass bottle, some kid in the back row dropped something about 23 times, there were approximately 457 sick people coughing, sneezing, and snorting, and then 48 crying babies. For the record, I've never been to a circus.

The girl at The Cheesecake Factory was a jerk. Her body language told me that she did not want a tip. I made sure she got her wish. It was a small one.

Christmas in Houston equals hot. So much for conserving energy, I turned on the air conditioner. That name doesn't make sense to me, air conditioner. If I could rename it I would call it a roomerator. That word is derived from the terms refrigerator and a living space.

I think I'm going to buy a new car. Keep the X-terra for when I don't feel like shaving and get a Cadillac CTS for when I wear a suit, shave, and comb my hair. Seriously, I'm test driving one on Friday.

Clark: Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?
Eddie: Naw, I'm doing just fine, Clark.
-Christmas Vacation

What physicist's last words were not understood because his nurse did not speak German?

Last entry's answer was Canada.

13 comments:

Father Rob said...

Albert Einstein

Anonymous said...

I like the flippin alarm clock.

Straight guys older than 13 probably shouldn't use "OMG."

I guess Einstein only because he's the only physicist's name that I can think of.

Rahul said...

Roomerator. I like it. I'm going to start using that.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daszzle said...

Roomenator... I like it.

Anonymous said...

An elephant goes to your church? I think that would motivate me to go to church, just to see that.

Bella said...

You don't need an alram clock, you need someone to get your ass outta bed!

:) Bella

KellyNerd said...

you need someone to wake you up! but then you may not want to get out of bed then?! =)

Kathy said...

I think I'll have to turn on my roomerator tonight.
I see you made it to work on time this Tuesday morning.

Shandra said...

roomerator should be added to the dictionary

Technodoll said...

OK i have to ask:

why does every sick person in town go to church and germinate on everyone? is it part of the thrill?

ugh. that, and movie theatres. No thank you!

M said...

roomerator just makes me thing of a kegerator.

joen05 said...

There is a snowstorm here. I need heat. Luckily I have that and all wheel drive in my Infiniti. :-) Good luck with the caddy.