Thursday, July 26, 2007

mucho work

Tomorrow I leave for the rafting trip. I'm beginning to get a little nervous. Don't think that filming Deliverance 2 is such a good idea anymore.

Old Guy isn't here. The more I think about it, he reminds me of the character Dwight from The Office. No one wants to work with him, he's a know it all, his jokes are horrible, and he enjoys barber shop quartets way too much. I think he makes up the work that he does here. Yesterday afternoon he was freaking out because he would be on the road and leave me here with nothing to do. Its not like I do anything when he's here anyway. So he gives me a big sheet of paper with mucho (that's Spanish for many) items to keep me busy. "If you can get even half of this done tomorrow that would be a great start for us both." I finished it all yesterday afternoon. He probably crapped a brick when he saw it this morning.

I can hear someone clipping their finger nails in another cubicle. That's not cool.

Today I was surprised when I was allowed to take a road trip with Heart Breaker Dan. It only lasted for the morning, but it was nice to leave the desk for a short time. This trip was to check the water pressure on a new sprinkler system supply line. Increase pressure, check gauge, wait two hours, make sure no pressure loss, go home. Easy as pie. Heart Breaker Dan loves to look at the women. Whenever we would pass a pretty woman the car always happened to slow down. "Accelerator must be stuck, its acting funny," as he would stare a hole right through her.

"When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, 'I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through.'" - Rodney Dangerfield

Who's been Saturday Night Live's most frequent host?

Last entry's answer was I-90.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well after much digging through the deep crevices of my mind, I remember an SNL episode where Tom Hanks was inducted into the "five timers" club. So naturally I was going to say Tom Hanks BUT I remember the leader of this exclusive club being Steve Martin. So that is my final answer. Steve Martin.

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

As a HUGE SNL fan, I am going to have to agree with Father Rob...it is Steve Martin although isn't Alec Baldwin coming close?

whatagem said...

Just the title of this blog made me laugh...I continued to read past the title and found myself chuckling out loud. It's a nice change to read about things I don't know about--such as cubicles. Blue collar gal myself, somewhat near Houston. And yes it is very packed there!

http://laughtillupee.blogspot.com/

Daszzle said...

I love your blog, it's hilarious! Ooh and as a huge fan of rafting, I totally suggest you go into it with blazes of guts and glory (just don't pee yourself when you fall out- cause you will fall out, I should know). Have fun!

Technodoll said...

Ho geez guy, you're particularly brilliant! And I see we have similar tastes in aesthetics, so a gold star for you (he he). I want to hear more about Dan, he sounds like one of my dirty uncles. Tsk.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Thanks for your comment in my blog. Tell me your full name as your mother was told you last night ;-)

Anyhow, you have nice story on your post content.

Anonymous said...

i just read the title of this blog and fell asleep.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSN2541395620070725

joen05 said...

That was really funny! My office isn't quite like that. We don't have cubicles, but we still manage to have a good time. Keep up the good work!

http://joen05.blogspot.com

Paterika Hengreaves said...

Oh, you got my attention. I read your blog. The reading was enjoyable. Thanks.

http://www.poetrynest.blogspot