Tuesday, October 2, 2007

bricks

I only had coffee and ice cream for breakfast this morning. That's no lie. Checked my email at work to discover that some girl sent out a mass email saying there was ice cream in the lab fridge. Two seconds later I was on my way to the lab. Mmmm, melted in my mouth. I think I forgot to put it back in the freezer. Hope no one discovers this.

Yesterday the new computer awaited me in the apartment office. It was heavy. I was questioning if they put bricks in the box to throw potential robbers for a loop. Mom used to do that to my Christmas Presents. I don't know why I capitalized presents. It will never happen again. Days before Christmas I'd shake every box and try my hardest to figure out what in the word I was getting. "This one is heavy, think I got that Nintendo." "Gee thanks Mom, I love the new plain white socks and a brick." Little did she know that I just went in the back yard and threw it in the woods. Hope she never finds out.

The drive home from work didn't suck. How unusual.

Does it ever get cold in Texas? I will probably never get to put my new jacket to good use. Purchases from January, are they still new? Maybe I should drive to Washington, Colorado, or Maine and give it to some random person. I would expect them to call me their hero then. "This very handsome young man gave me this nice jacket. He is now my hero." I can hear the little old lady now. Old ladies always call 20 something year olds handsome. That's why I sit in their section at church.

I sang this song on the way home and it gave me chill bumps. I'm from Mississippi.

'Cause God blessed Texas with His own hand
Brought down angels from the promised land
Gave 'em a place where they could dance
If you wanna see heaven brother here's your chance
I've been sent to spread the message
God blessed Texas
-"God Bless Texas" by Little Texas

Who said: "I'm the president of the United States, and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli"?
Hint: It was a president.

Last entry's answer was 4.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I really have no idea, but I'm going to guess Ronald Reagan.

I still shake my presents. Damian threatens me every year.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

George Bush, the first one.

Skryker said...

Yup, George Senior offended the Broccoli Growers of America and mothers everywhere. "If the President won't eat broccoli, neither am I!"

Rahul said...

My mom put ridiculously small gifts in enormous boxes. I'm still bitter

Anonymous said...

"Chill bumps?" That's a new one. Then again, it does make more literal sense than "goosebumps."
Why are your blog dates off? This really bugs the editor in me. It's Wedesday. Unless you're on some other plane of existence than the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

The post time for the blog and comment section seems to be off also.

Are you sure you're an editor?

matt said...

skittle - better not shake too hard, I once broke a present. So I got pieces of Batman instead.

prin - low five

skryker - I LOLed, is that how you say the past tense of LOL?

rs27 - So did my mom. So now I just put box after box inside each other with extra tape. Or maybe duct tape sometimes.

martini - I put my heart and soul into this blog and I'm trying my best. I posted this thing yesterday anyways.

al - I don't know what you're talking about.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.