Monday, October 15, 2007

nothing special here

The weekend was just ok. That's it. I did decide that I'll more than likely go skiing in Dec./Jan. with some college students. Any takers?

Friday evening I spent one day's paycheck in a matter of an hour. Went to a place called Glass Wall the Restaurant. Reservations were at 8. We got lost on the way and had to call 3 times to get directions. Why can't I have GPS? Probably because it cost too much and I never get lost. Once to the restaurant I unquestionably use the complimentary valet. After thanking Pedro for parking my car and giving the hostess an eye down, we sit down and notice that the price was somewhat higher than what we thought. Looking at the menu online we saw the price for the wine glass addition, not the actual meal price. We soon discover the real, pretty penny price tag. Opps. Thank goodness I didn't have a date, that would've been a $150 meal. "Hope you enjoyed your meal, you owe me some sugar now." Oh well, the food was good, had wine with my meal for the first time, and the hostess was very attractive. Not a bad early evening.

Why did my comment section turn into a Back to the Future Convention?

Suspenders is gone all week. That leaves me room to try out my new suspenders for a few days. Get the vibe from the rest of the office. Maybe they'll call me Suspenders now. I hope not, I don't want to be thought of like he is thought of. My reputation as the new kid would take a dive south.

How come when something is filled up with another something it's called filling it up to the brim? What is that?

Last night I had the great idea of getting a tattoo. Something no one else has. The results of my brainstorm, a map of the U.S. of A. But not just any map. This one will be interactive. No color to begin with, only outlines of each state in black. Then filling in each state with a different color that I have spent at least one night in. This could possibly be the tattoo design of the year. I will never forget where I have been. Ever.

The Rockies play tonight for the chance to enter the World Series Kingdom. If they win I will paint my bedroom purple with black and white stripes. Probably even wear a purple shirt to work.

Harrold Crick: I said I live here, stupid! It's where I keep my stuff! My name's on the damn buzzer! Harold Crick, Apartment 2B eighteen ninety-three, McCarthy! - Stranger Than Fiction

What hit the market alongside spinach as the first frozen veggies?

Last entry's answer was krypton. Potassium's call sign is K but it begins with a P.

34 comments:

Kathy said...

I don't like tattoos. My son is covered in them, but I do like him. Maybe some of your young readers can help me understand your generation's attraction to tattoos?

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I agree with Utility Al, the tattoo idea blows. My guess for today's trivia is peas.

My back to the future question is.... how much does Goldie Wilson III charge to "convert your car into a skyway flyer"?

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

If you wear suspenders, you should come to Seattle so I can snap them...I've always wanted to do that but I don't know anyone who wears suspenders.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, my guess for the trivia is corn.

Sorry Father Rob, I have no idea.

What is the actual model name of the De Lorean, and what years were they in production?

Anonymous said...

I believe it is a DMC-12 and I'm not sure exactly when they were in production but I think the model used in the movie was a 1981 model.

Rahul said...

I like any place that has glass and wall somewhere in the name. Wall of Glass? Hugh Glasses house of walls?

I like them all

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I love tattoos! I'm in the mindset that one should personalize their body and I love the art-aspect of tattoos. Well, the well-designed ones, not the gaudy or uninspiring ones.
So who did you go to this fancy restaurant with if this wasn't a date?! Your male life-partner/roommate?
Why is brown sugar winning the pop tart poll? That's saddening.
I guess those little baby corn. I like mini versions of food.

Steph said...

I have three tatts, and I only regret two of them! hooray!

Stephanie said...

Just how many states would be filled in when you get the tattoo? You could use your blogging buddies to fill in extra states.

matt said...

al - You suck. Only a little though.

kathy - I don't know what it is with these kids these days. They're just crazy.

prin - How about a crown and scepter to go with that name?

206 - You can snap my suspenders any day of the week.

rs - I better never catch you throwing rocks. Ever again.

martini - I was pretending it was you eating with me. No my roommate is not my life partner. Someone always has to tell a joke.

steph - What and where are they? We would all love to know.

skittle - 2, Mississippi and Texas. What states can you contribute to my body art?

joen05 said...

duh... why didn't I think of that answer. The Red Sox will win the world series. You heard it first here. I spend a lot on meals sometimes too, but have yet to have wine with a meal.

Anonymous said...

Hey, why did everyone get a personal response from you except Father Rob?

It is a DMC-12 and I'm pretty sure that it was in production in '81 and '82.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Seriously thats what I was just thinking Al. I would be pretty P.O.ed if it was somebody more important than matt that left me out. But just so we're even... this blog comment section is going to be stuffed with constant back to the future trivia until I get an aplogy.

The cost of hover conversion was $39,999.95

Next question: what did marty say after he got blown back by the amp in doc's garage?

Anonymous said...

Seriously thats what I was just thinking Al. I would be pretty P.O.ed if it was somebody more important than matt that left me out. But just so we're even... this blog comment section is going to be stuffed with constant back to the future trivia until I get an aplogy.

The cost of hover conversion was $39,999.95

Next question: what did marty say after he got blown back by the amp in doc's garage?

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the double post, and thats right I am sleeping with matt. Its out in the open now!

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yeah he said "whoa, rock and roll"

Man the name of the book, I want to look this up but I'm not going to cheat. I think its something like "a match made in space"

In the movies planning stage, what was the time machine supposed to be instead of a car?

Moooooog35 said...

I've got an excellent idea of where Florida can go for your tattoo.

Painful...but you certainly won't forget it (as an added bonus...you can also get two of the Florida Keys on there...)

Rahul said...

I didn't realize Butch Walker was on this handy dandy playlist at the bottom. Kudos.

Brown Sugar is winning the pop tart poll because I voted for it 4 times.

Ok, I didn't.

I don't know any of these back to the future answers. I am a fraud.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
matt said...

joen - I doubt that. Rockies all the way.

al - Who?

prin - Wonder if he tells his wife? Ooo, scandalous.

moooooooooooooooooooooog35 - I don't get it. But don't explain.

rs - Thanks for the votes. I hate frosted strawberry. And since you don't know the answers, that makes you a winner in my blog.

Anonymous said...

It was going to be a refrigerator.

I like the idea for the florida tattoo, its just too bad that its impossible for him to get any tattoos of the florida keys.... I would know.

Next BTTF question... in the back to the future cartoon what was the main modification that was made to the delorean?

and Prin, did I get anywhere close with the name of the book?

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

How dare you say the cartoon sucked.........youre right it did. The added feature was to transform from 2 door to 4 door on the fly. You know so Jules and Verne would have a place to sit.

What was the exact name of the device that doc used to knock out Jennifer?

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

Dang - you just posted yesterday and you already have 30 something comments...I would envy you except half your comments are about Back to the Future so that decreases your coolness. Sorry. lol.

matt said...

I envy you for not having Back to the Future on your comments. I have a feeling they'll soon quit.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.