Friday, October 5, 2007

nothing at all

Today is Thursday and that means nothing. I just needed an opening sentence to start this post. I really have nothing to write about. I actually have nothing to say. Even though this entire blog is about nothing, I have nothing to write about. So it's probably in your best interest to leave now and read no more.

Ok, I found something. I went to spell check this post because I'm a horrible speller. The funny thing is, I was in a spelling bee in 1st grade. I skipped the spelling bee to go skiing, but still, I was meant to be in a spelling bee. Back to the main topic of the paragraph. I'm on the new computer, an imac, using Safari and noticed that the options for posting are not there anymore. There used to be a hyperlink, font settings, and something else. All I have now are spell checker and the picture adder. Now the spell checker doesn't work. Please ignore all grammar errors beyond this point.

The second paragraph is probably the worst paragraph ever written.

Suspenders at work is constanly asking me hard questions. What's worse is that he sits there an waits on a reply. He already knows the answer. Why is he waiting on me to answer? Sometimes I just sit there and have a staring contest with him. He wins everytime. I can't stare at him any longer than 3 seconds. Other times I just ignore the question all together. So he asks it again. Then I begin the staring contest. The awkward silence kills my motivation.

The Playoffs have started! This year I'm putting all my money on the Rockies.

My roommate just told me that he would kill me. "I will freakin kill you." I've never laughed so hard in my life.

Once again Target unloaded my bank account last night. It was all worth it though. I have a real chair to sit in at the computer now. Previously I was sitting in a stool and slumping over like the Hunch Back of Notre Dame. Wonder what the neighbors thought when looking through my window? Also I purchased a beard trimmer. I want to keep the "hippy tree hugger" look. Is that seductive?

The Office was just ok tonight. I didn't laugh as much as normal.

I just got off the phone with The Girl. She is hoarse. I told her she sounded like an old lady smoker. She told me thanks and continued to talk like nothing was the matter. How do you just ignore that? She was scaring me so I had to think of an excuse to get off the phone. I hope she doesn't read this. If I was ever hoarse I'd probably order pizza over the phone and get the senior citizen discount.

What laundry detergent got lots of mileage out of the ad line, "ring around the collar"?

Last entry's answer was Sesame Street.

16 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

We're both late night blogging! We're meant for one another.
(And by "late night" I mean past 9 o'clock. God, I'm old.)
Your second paragraph should be published in the New Yorker. You'd probably be famous.
If you wore suspenders at work, would it totally throw Suspenders for a loop? Or would he give you a high-five?
Five o'clock shadow is hot. Mountain man, not.

joen05 said...

Yo matt, thought I'd give you a hand with the whole spell checker thing in blogger... it doesn't really work in safari. You need to download something like firefox or IE I think. I use firefox instead of safari when I am blogging.

The movie I watched tonight made me think of you. Cus Mississippi was in it. Now you have to read my review when I write it.

Kathy said...

Oh finally you asked a question from my generation. The answer is Wisk! I'm old enough to remember those commercials. I laughed during The Office -- I thought it was pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

I am going to say Wisk also because I honestly have no idea and Kathy sounds pretty sure of herself. Yeah The Office last night was okay but not great. The only reason I can come up with for Michael driving his car into the lake was that he did it on purpose and it was not out of stupidity but rather a last ditch effort to prove that "Ryan's technology" is bad and tried to "murder him."

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skryker said...

Wisk seems right, or was it Spray and Wash?

Stylin said...

Matt,
Practise staring at yourself in the mirror so you can win the staring contest at work!
Are you going to tell us you wear Birkenstocks next ?

Mandy said...

lol - I picture your work to be somewhat like "The Office."

Steph said...

Hahaha, your girl is past caring what you think. Aint love grand!

Valley Girl said...

LOL @ "old lady smoker"!!! You mean the emphezema voice, right?

Btw, we both make deposits at Bank of Tarjey, I see.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sindi said...

HI!

I have a solution to your suspenders problem. He needs to feel superior to you, and make you feel stupid. Next time he asked you one of those questions, rub your chin and act like you are thinking.
Look at him and say"Aww good question, but what I have been contemplating to the fullest of my ability is, are there truely any answers to your questions that will be sufficient enough to please you. Hopfully that will stop the questions and make you feel superior to him.

Beards are very attractive as long as they are taken care of. God Bless:)

whatagem said...

TSK TSK TSK WISK WISK WISK!!!! Better than that stupid Snuggle bear. Even as a kid I was somewhat sadistic and fantasized about throwing the Snuggle bear into the oven....

Along with Poppin' Fresh, of course.

Daszzle said...

I have something for you to say! You've been tagged for a meme :). Check out my blog for the details.