Wednesday, October 31, 2007

halloween

Boo!


Today I wore my costume to work. I'm the only person here that I've seen so far that is dressed up as a werewolf. I'm the only person here that I've seen so far that's even dressed. I feel like a dork.

My sleep schedule couldn't be more messed up. These astronauts have managed to turn my sleeping pattern into total crap. Sleeping pattern? Where did that come from? So maybe one day I'll get back into the swing of things and start my usual posting of 3 times a week, or maybe 6 times a week, I forget which number it is.

At the Target the other night, my roommate bought a bottle of wine. I would leave it at that, but this bottle of wine was special. Whenever a bottle of wine is bought at the loft. Not sure why I just called my apartment the loft. I'm pretty sure it needs a better name than that. How about the apartment. Whenever a bottle of wine is bought at the apartment there is a requirement that it has to be a cool looking bottle. Who cares if it tastes nasty, cool bottles only. After you're done drinking it, pouring it down the sink, or giving it's contents to guests, the "cool" bottle is displayed proudly on the top of the cabinet. This sounds like a gay idea after typing it out. There will be some thinking on this issue later. If the bottle is ugly I usually break it in the street. Anyways, the wine bottle that the roommate bought was named Opps. The contents aren't anything to brag about. So walking though the Target he randomly drops this bottle of Opps on the concrete floor shattering some of the glass. I laugh and proceed to point out that the side of the bottle has Opps written on it. Then I call him an idiot and throw my string cheese in the shopping cart.

Trick or Treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat. If you don't I don't care, I'll show you my underwear. Timmy With the Hot Mom that lives on the 6th floor told me to say that tonight when I go knocking on doors.

The thought of going out tonight and not being a werewolf has crossed my mind. Instead I'll the Three-Hole Punch Jim from The Office. I doubt anyone will know what I am.

1. Placophobia - Fear of tombstones
2. Phasmophobia - Fear of ghosts
3. Wiccaphobia - Fear of witches
4. Samhainophobia - Fear of Halloween

Thought this was appropriate for Halloween. It could be scary.
"You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips
And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertips...."
-The Righteous Brothers

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died." - Erma Bombeck

What year did the Halloween novelty song "Monster Mash" reach number one on the Billboard charts?

Last entry's answer was a gallon of oil.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mid 60s for Monster Mash, but that's as close as I can guess.

I'm the only one that dressed up in my office too. Not very many people were impressed with my full-head Homer Simpson mask.

Father Rob said...

You sell wine at your apartment? "Whenever a bottle of wine is bought at the apartment" Am I wrong in reading it this way?

I didnt dress up because theres only three people that work here and they are thirty years older than me. I should have done it anyway. Is that picture a pumpkin butthole with hands spreading the cheeks apart? I bet a fart from that would smell like pumpkin pie.

1962

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rahul said...

You should call your apartment "The Spot"

It's hip.

I think it's hip.

Mandy said...

How about just calling your apartment "Matt's place?" "The Spot" sounds like it could be a disease...no offense RS.

And is that a finger in the lower left hand corner of the pumpking picture??? lol.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you quoted Erma Bombeck on your page. Are you my mom?
CNN says the space shuttle has a rip in a solar panal. You better get up there and fix it.
If you want a cool bottle of wine, find Voga. I heart their bottle.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you really make me chuckle... I wish I could have closed my eyes and had you read this post to me ... I am positive that you would have sounded like a very happy, Halloween enthused pre-pubescent boy! Funny! It totally feels like you would have said it in one long breath as fast as you could with a big goofy grin on your face! You typed it that way right? Right? =)

Daszzle said...

Your Target sells wine? That is so random. You really are down south. Also, (and don't take this as a dis), but putting cool bottles that used to contain alcohol on display is so college of you guys. Brings back good memories. Maybe I'll do that as well to bring back the good ol' cheaper days in life... oh wait, I can't afford alcohol anymore, let alone cool bottles. :( So sad.

Bella said...

I can't believe you would consider pouring wine down the sink. I hate to see wine go to waste...

:) Bella