Wednesday, October 10, 2007

hit-n-run

Am I still in a grumpy mood? Yes. Everything was fine till I met Carlos on NASA Road 1 this afternoon. Apparently he wanted my lane more than me. Did he ask? No, Not Carlos. This is Texas, if you want it, take it. Oh and he did. "Beinvendio a Houston. This is my lane Mississippi boy." If you're asking yourself, did Carlos just hit Matt's new car/truck/suv? Why yes he did. And what did Carlos do about it?He ran away. Sure enough, I was associated with a real live Hit-n-Run. I didn't scream, curse, throw the bird, or spit. Surprisingly I was quiet during the whole event. Calmly I pulled over to survey the damage with Carlos and then look up to find that he's hauling fanny down the highway in his Gold 2001ish Ford Explorer with a Texas tag with the first three digits 209. If I knew the rest I'd tell you. Till then I'm on a hunt for Carlos. It will be in his best interest not show his face around town. As of right now I'm out more than a couple hundred dollars for a deductible. I was just driving, minding my own business, bam! Jerk.

In other news around the world of Mr Matt, I've been working out on a regular basis. Actually yesterday I was the only non-couple in the "fitness center." Why do apartments call it a fitness center. It's a gym, quit trying to be formal. Anyways, there was too much PDA going on in that sweat infested room. Work out time does not equal grop time. Yes I can see you copping a feel in the mirror. Just because your back is turned means nothing. No I'm not blushing, I'm lifting weights.

Tomorrow night is The Office. That will make the work day go by quicker. Wonder what Dwight would do in my situation. I really wish he was my co-worker.

Aunt Sylvia Largeman: Thanks for the time that you've given me. The memories are all in my mind. And now that we've come to the end of our rainbow, there's something I must say out loud. Yes, you're once, twice, three times a lady. I love you. Yes, you're once, twice, three times a lady. I love you. I love you.
-Garden State

If you're saying to yourself, "that's just a scratch", hold your tongue. It's enough to tick me off and get Carlos on my bad list. There was never a scratch on the Black Stallion till now. I just came up with that name and I only half way like it. Even though its not black. Actually the color is call Night Armour. The names do go together, sort of. Well, maybe not. I'm now taking new names for the name of the car/truck/suv as of now on the new contest. Winner gets nothing.

What element begins with the letter "K"?

Last entry's answer was .342.

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! The X-Earth! Sorry man, that sucks... If you find "Carlos" let me know cause I want to get a punch or two in. K is the symbol for potassium.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

Matt, I am so sorry this happened to your car/truck/suv. I would be really angry if that happened to me.
Krypton

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

grrr...going on a Carlos Hunt!!! Bring out the torches, let's stone him!!!

And the answer is potassium...I was a biology major even though I am in Marketing now. Weird.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ooo, Kathy is so wrong. Wrong off! :(

I do believe Kr is the symbol for Krypton.

Anonymous said...

Wait, it's not Kronium? I'm such a smartie.
I feel for you on the scratch. My Scion was involved in a hit and run just two weeks after I got her, except mine left a dent the size of your current state of residence in her ass. And it happened at the most dangerous of all places in my city -- the public library. I cried and forked over a $500 deductible. Hence my Ramen-noodle-phase for the last two weeks.
Working out can be an aphrodisiac, unless you sweat a LOT.

Anonymous said...

I do believe that the question is what element begins with the letter "K", not what element has the symbol "K". Wrong off Father Rob! By the way, I've been meaning to call you, I think I'll bother you at work.

Rahul said...

Guarantee the guy doesnt have insurance. Stone Cold Lock.

Let me tell you, I'm going to find this Carlos guy and I'm going to give him a piece of my mind. Then I will calmly kick him in the groin.

Skryker said...

Oh, that stinks! Carlos is so on my bad list. I usually only send out good vibes, but I invoke instant karma on Carlos!

Kathy said...

If Krypton is wrong, then what I really meant was that Krypton could be the name for Matt's car/truck/suv. But, yes, the question did say what element begins with the letter K.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You're right, misplaced cockiness did play a role, my apoligies to Prin and Kathy.

Anonymous said...

Father Rob, just for you:

Did Marty ever say "Great Scott"?

Anonymous said...

Thanks Utility Al, you made me feel better. Yes in Back to the Future 3 Marty and Doc swapped catch phrases once and Marty said "great scott!" and doc said "this is heavy"

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rahul said...

1950-2000?

I love the second one..its the best one..no matter what anyone says.

Anonymous said...

You are exactly right rs and I agree with you, I always liked the second one the best too.

Here is a question: How many delorean time machines exist in 1955 when Marty goes back there in back to the future 2?

Anonymous said...

I guess 3.

What musical instrument does Doc keep in his garage?

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It was 4. 1) The Delorean that Marty traveled to 1955 in Back to the Future 1. 2) The Delorean that old biff from 2015 traveled in to give the sports almanac to his younger self. 3) The Delorean that Marty from back to the future 2 traveled from bad 1985 in. and 4) the delorean that doc hid in the mine from when he got sent back to 1885.

Doc has electric guitar and HUUUUGE amp in his garage.

whatagem said...

Wow. Are they gonna start making Back to the Future conventions like they do for Star Trek?

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Goldie Wilson........"Mayor! I LIKE the sound of that"

What is the name of Marty and Jennifer's daughter? and who played her?

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

Wow - by the time I finished reading the commentary in your comment section I pretty much forgot what your post was about...had to go read it again.

Anyway, if the questions is supposed to be what element uses the symbol of "K" then the answer is Potassium.

And I would be pretty ticked off about my car if I were you. Some punk at the grocery store ran their buggy into my car leaving a small scratch, which made me madder (is that a word?) than heck!

Anonymous said...

Her name was Marlene. Wow we've almost hit 30 comments.

Kathy said...

I'll make it 30.
Matt, I think these people are taking over your blog.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joen05 said...

Wow, 32 now. I would be so pised if that were my car. I'm going with Potassium. Have your blog pay for the damage, it can handle it.

Stephanie said...

That sucks! Did you file a police report? If the cops in Houston actually care, I'm sure they can locate Carlos.

P.S. I'm in Huntsville at this very moment.

stacys1175 said...

Matt sorry about your car. if i did not live so far away i would be on a Carlos hunt with you GGGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!! Lets kick some butt. HA!!HA!!

Day said...

even tho you've already posted the answer, i could tell you that the element is Krypton. I guess a degree in Chemistry is good for something, right? if i see carlos over in the 'sip, i'll let you know matthew d.