Wednesday, October 24, 2007

harmony

The World Series starts tonight. I'm gonna go home, open the windows (because it feels really great outside), work out, not take a shower, then sit down and watch the Series. If I don't take a shower I'll be able to feel like I've been playing baseball because I'll be all sweaty. Easy ladies, don't get to yourselves to worked up just yet. Still debating on if I should sit on the new furniture or not. How long can I still call it new? The tags are still on it. Taking tags off forfeits the newness. Go Rockies!

I just sneezed 4 times in a row. My personal best is 6. I'm really not sure if that is a correct number or not, but it sounds right. More than likely it's 5 but I'm going to say 6.

Yesterday Suspenders took me to lunch. I asked him what kind of gas mileage he gets in his new truck. He tells me 11 then slams the accelerator to the floor.

For those of you who do not know, Shuttle Discovery launched yesterday at 11:38 eastern time zone. Here at work we all paused and gathered around a tv. That's right, we're getting paid to watch television. The lady who rides the motorcycle was standing in my way but I was too scared to tell her to move. I could only see the exhaust smoke the entire launch. The purpose of this mission is to attach "Harmony" to the International Space Station. Pretty much sticking a school bus size piece onto the station. Sounds like a blast. This is were I come in. When they decide to attach this hunk of metal I will support the space walk/walks. Whenever they use the space suit I'm involved. Especially when I get to wear it. Why can't we do this space labor during the American daytime?

That crazy lady is singing again. I hate it when she sings.

Charlie Fineman: Are you a faggot?.
Alan Johnson: Don't say faggot, you just don't call people faggot that's rude.
Charlie Fineman: To a gay guy it is, to you it's just a funny word like pound cake or pickle... You really need some Mel.
Charlie Fineman: [ordering tickets] Take one adult and one faggot.
-Reign Over Me

This is the quickest I've ever written a post. Hope there aren't any mistakes. Sorry in advance.

How old is the sun?

Last entry's answer was 20.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Matt, do you realize that by asking this question you are leaving your blog open to a creation vs. evolution debate? I'm not sure you want to do that, it could get ugly. I think scientifically the sun is like 3 billion years old and biblically its like 8000 (depending if you view the seven day creation as literal our figurative). So I'm going to average the two and please everybody: the earth is 1,500,004,000 years old.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I've heard the sun is almost 5 billion years old. But how the heck could anyone know that? And why does it matter?

I only caught one wrong word: were instead of where. Not bad.

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

I read about the launch in the paper today and I thought of you sitting on your new couch with plastic covering. It was great.

My guess is older then Keith Richards.

Anonymous said...

I meant the SUN is 1,500,004,000 years old*

By the way, who is the kid at the top of the page?

Rahul said...

True Story- My friend once sneezed 37 times in a row. We counted. After 8 we kept telling him to shut up. It didn't work.

Dont let the sun come down on me.

I'll guess 27 years old because my world started in 1980.

prin said...

I think I like the father more after the first comment. Evolution? Figurative? Reeer...

Steph said...

I love sneezing. Sometimes i deliberately try to make myself sneeze by tickling my nose or looking at the sun.

Bella said...

In reference to the furniture... If you sit on it tonight without taking a shower...I don't think I'd call it new anymore.

JMHO.

:) Bella

Skryker said...

D'oh! I just looked up an icosahedron. I can't tell you ('cause it'd be embarrassing!) how many times I've rolled a d20 in my life!

BTW, I tagged you for a meme. Inquiring minds want to know Eight Things about Seven Things about you. ;)

Stephanie said...

I sing at work, does that make me crazy?

Did suspenders pay for lunch? And if so, I guess that means he wasn't mad at you for wearing suspenders while he was out.

Anonymous said...

I can multiple sneeze too haha... I am going to get an education and go work for NaSA... you must get all the girls!

Rae said...

Sun is nearing on 5 billion years old.

Yep, looked that up, just for you. Science was not my forte.

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog.

I look forward to reading more of yours.

Anonymous said...

You.....you cant look it up.... you....cheated rae. It wouldnt be any fun if everybody looked up the answer and posted their findings.....

joen05 said...

Go Red Sox, Matt. Make sure everyone knows that we're up 2-0.

Looks like you're having fun at work, and congrats on starting the new blog. I have 6 of them, but I don't really put them all out there. two are on wordpress.

Just rambling on now. I should slep.