Monday, October 22, 2007

literally

For some reason the left butt cheek pocket on my dress pants is sowed shut. Can someone please tell me why? I'll probably never buy Banana Republic pants again for this very reason.

Yesterday my Dad played the drums at church. Why? I don't know. I was informed this while having a casual conversation with my mother. She threw that in there and then stuck him on the phone. He probably wanted to brag about it. According to Utility Al, he rocked. Literally. That's my Dad. Why was he playing drums during the church service? Hope he kept a good beat going. Weird.

Go Rockies.

A recent discussion at worked turned to poo. Literally. I really am enjoying the use of that word today. Literally. So me and the other new girl were talking about that guy from New Delhi, he was a prince or king or something, that was killed by monkeys. Why we were talking about it, I don't know why. But somehow the conversation went from the little monkeys pushing this man off a balcony to monkeys that throw poo. Apparently the other new guy at work has come across monkeys that throw their own poo for fun. Guess he's been to Africa and seen this first hand or something. I don't know. Weird.

I like m and m's. The and character is not allowed on this blog. Poo to Blogger for that, but nothing else.

Friday at 1:50 am I have to report to work. I'm only half way excited about this. One half is excited because it'll be my first time to sit in on Mission Support. This will be for the shuttle that is going up tomorrow or Tuesday, which ever way you want to look at it. Friday, during the am, there will be the first space walk (what we call EVA's) for this mission. The other half isn't so excited that this is taking place at 1:50 am. Why? Houston, we have a problem. I feel like such a dork for saying that. Weird.

"Shucks
For me there is no other
You're the only shoe that fits
I can't imagine I'll grow out of it
Damn I wish I was your lover"
- "Damn I Wish I Was Your Lover" by Sophie B. Hawkins

Question, how many equal sides does an icosahedron have?

Last entry's answer was coconut. Weird.

17 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joen05 said...

Go Red Sox, Matt. Please get your priorities straight. Though I do agree its cool that you're going to be working at 1:50 am. Sometimes I am getting home that late, but I never work that late to start.

Kathy said...

That is very cool that your dad played drums in church. Did you know that he could play drums?
I like peanut M&M's and almond M&M's. You should do an M&M survey next.

Anonymous said...

Wow, did you write this post at 1:50 am? There are grammatical errors all in it. The abbreviation for "and" is call an ampersand. I have no idea how many sides that has, I'm going the cheap way out and copying prin's answer, 20. Good luck on the space shuttle thing, make sure there arent any loose tiles this time... And I still think the coconut is a nut if it were a fruit it would be called a cocofruit.

Damn, I wish I was your lover, I'll rock you til' the daylight comes, make sure you are smiling and warm, I am everything, tonight I'll be your mother, I will do such things to ease your pain, free your mind and you wont feel ashamed.

Anonymous said...

I hope you looked those lyrics up, Father Rob.

And the problem with those pants is that they are Banana Republic. Those folks are too proud of their crap to sell it at an even remotely reasonable price.

Skryker said...

Cool! Mission Support! *high five*

At 1:50am, I'd be so on my game. It's 8am I can't handle. Stupid mornings.

I'll guess...42. Because that's the answer to everything.

Rahul said...

I have a pair of pants where the right butt pocket is sowed shut. Where am I supposed to put my wallet? Left butt pocket?

Ridiculous. Throws off my equilibrium.

I will say 150 equal sides.

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

You should just get a Man Bag for your wallet.

Jewelybelle said...

I have two very strong emotion that accompany this post.

The first is cheering for the Rockies is pointless because my boys the Red Sox are going to obliterate them. That's right I'm a card carrying member of Red Sox Nation. Don't hate me too much for that.

Anyway, I was quite confused about my feelings upon getting past my loathing you for cheering against the Red Sox. I have a love of geeky guys. You work for NASA. Oh shit I'm so confused!

DH said...

Playing drums in church is cool, you do have a rockin' dad. I only say this because I used to play drums in church and we need to back our own.

1.50am work should be criminal. But then I guess in your case, it's for a good cause.

matt said...

Prin - I'll need some help staying awake, sure thing.

Joen - If it's so cool to you, then you can take my place at 2 am.

Kathy - I like where your head is at. M&M's poll is a good idea.

Father Rob - Whatever. Go home.

Utility Al - These were purchased at an outlet store, I can't afford the real thing. I work at NASA for crying out loud.

Skryker - *low five*

rs27 - 150? You serious?

206 - You're not funny.

miss belle - Confused about what? NASA scramble your brain? Nice legs.

crystal - You should come relieve my dad then. I'm sure he looks like a total dork up there.

Anonymous said...

I.....am home

Mandy said...

Shouldn't you say that your pants pocket is "sewn" shut? Not that I'm being picky or anything...

Shandra said...

Haha yeah buy a manbag!!

Stop cheering for the Rockies, really waste of your time.

I'm sorry you have to work at that hour!

I'm not going to crack my brain for that answer

Stylin said...

Wow Matt,
You seem to live an exciting life(the shuttle)
Where did you read about the monkey pushing the man off a balcony?My husband would love to read that.
We went to Delhi to the embassy and happened to meet monkeys outside McDonalds and I swear they were like little orangutans.Very big and buff!!! So I really dont doubt that story

matt said...

Father Rob - ok.

Poo - But you are being picky. Maybe you should have some of your pockets "sewn" shut.

Pink - Rockies? We'll see come next week.

Frasypoo - The article was on cnn.com

Daszzle said...

Sewed butt cheek pockets are like a sign of your pants superiority. For example, your BR pants are most respectable than my gap pants, but not quite as respectable as Brooks Brother pants (who probably have both pockets sewed shut). Take that little glimmer of wisdom as you'd like.