Thursday, November 15, 2007

almost thanksgiving

"Thanksgiving Lunch @ Work 2007" is tomorrow. Tonight I have slaved over a hot stove for 5 hours. Ok, well 3.5 maybe. Anyways, it was a long time standing around in the kitchen. I made two sweet potato pies and one large heaping of macaroni & cheese. The second pie is for the dwellers of this apartment. The roommate will probably eat it all in one sitting. He needs to.

I missed tonight's The Office. So now I'll have to watch it at work tomorrow. Wait, scratch that. I've been super busy ever since I did "live blog." That was the worst mistake in the history of mistakes.

I'm pretty sure I would never go to a Celine Dion concert. Ever.

Today I was violated. Technically I wasn't. The co-workers explained it as being violated beforehand. I'm confused now. No details, but I had a physical today. That's all I have to say about that.

I just tasted the pie and OMG. I'm a chef. It will probably knock every one's clothes off tomorrow. I hope Suspenders doesn't eat any. Now the macaroni & cheese is done. It looks PHAT. And tastes delish. That's supposed to be short for delicious.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I have a school boy's crush on Erin Andrews. The NCAA reporter for ESPN. She was just on my tv. Ahhhh.

Goodnight short post.

What continent is subjected to the world's largest ozone hole?

Last entry's answer was Campbell's.

15 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey! Any chance you will post your recipe for Sweet Potato Pie??

Father Rob said...

Prin: at the risk of making myself look like an $#% again, the arctic is not a continent but rather the space around the north pole. My answer is antarctica. Good job Matt, a lot more difficult Q than the last few.

3.5 hours for two pies and macaroni? I could get that all done in 1.5. Did you make the roux for the macaroni before you baked it? I hope so because if not then it sucked.

Read my blog I actually made a new post.
Celine Dion looks like a horse.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I've never had sweet potato pie. Is it a side dish or a desert? You'll have to make it for me when I come over to cook for you.
Erin Andrews sort of looks like the teacher from Billy Madison.
Ozone hole is going to be my new insult of the day.

Mandy said...

lol at Father Rob's comment - I agree. Celine Dion does somewhat resemble a horse...poor thing.

matt said...

prin - it's ok, most girls do have the hots for me. seriously.

nerdgirl - if you want a recipe, you'll get one. seriously?

father rob - i bet $23 your food won't taste good. seriously.

prin - seriously?

martini - it's a desert and it seriously is good stuff. i'd be more than happy to make if for you.

poo - seriously don't be so mean.

Anonymous said...

seriously! yes seriously. say seriously again. seriously!!!!

Rahul said...

I have a full blown crush on Erin Andrews. We shall be married and live forever.

If that pie knocks off people's clothes please post picutres.

Only girls.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

Seriously?! I want a seriously shirt. I tagged you for a MeMe, because inquiring minds want to know. Plus I'm moody, and you tend to make me laugh. Sweet potato pie is a southern thing.

Bella said...

I'll trade you some manicotti for a pie???

Boss Lady said...

Antarctica. I don't know.
And my DH has a crush on Erin Andrews, too. But I could take her. Really. She'd never know what hit her.
Pie? Yum.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shandra said...

Any chance you can make that sweet potato pie for me?

this post is so random that it cracks me up by the way.

I hate celine dion , so I'm with you.