Wednesday, November 28, 2007

christmas is coming

Last night we decorated for Christmas. Went to the Target and bought a bunch of randomness from the Christmas section. 2300 mini white lights, 450 fat color lights, 45 colored balls, 3 wreaths (which the girl in the stored couldn't understand me pronouncing), 7 candles, 3 rolls of ribbon, 3 strands of garland, 24 tree decorations, 45 Christmas cookies, 23 candy canes, and 1 tree skirt. Did not get hooks to hang the decorations, tape to put lights in the windows, a door hook for the wreath, extension cords for the lights, or Christmas candy to eat. Is wrapping the door to look like a present a good idea?


Whenever the song "Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie comes on the radio I sing it. I somewhat like the song. Don't judge me.

Ever try to sort out the Christmas tree decoration hooks? Pay the extra dollar or two and get the nice gold hooks. The cheap 68 cent hooks come as one single bundle of hooks. It only took me 13 minutes to separate one hook from the rest. 15 minutes later I hung the bundle on the tree and threw the real decorations away.

Space suit update: Friday at 9:00 am.

Stu: You know what the problem is?
Bobby: Yeah, the problem is that I need a change.
Stu: No, no, no. The problem is that I love you too much.
-Phone Booth

What invention for keeping cold air out of buildings in winter was patented by Theophilus Van Kannel in 1888?

Last entry's answer was the Air Force.

15 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Father Rob said...

I'm going to judge you.

Words cannot describe my hatred of everything "Fergie." You are a 12 year old girl if you like this song. You cannot call yourself a human being if you think that Fergie songs are music. Its not music, its torture for Guantanimo Bay Prisoners.

I guess asbestos.

Prin, funny seeing you here. I thought you were "never to return"

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Not obsessed? 3 comments within 10 minutes?

I will also judge you for liking that song. Down with Fergie and people that like that crap.

Asbestos?

Bella said...

insulation...?

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Laughing at Prin.....
"If you wrap the door like a present, somebody might open it."

Such simple jokes make my day.

Oh, but this is a comment about Matt. Matt, I'll never visit your blog again if you don't post a photo of you in your space suit Friday.

Comment, threat...potato, potahtoe.

matt said...

prin - ok, I did laugh at that.

father rob - I told you not to judge.

utility al - You're the one that told me to listen to the song in the first place.

bella - try again.

prin - I think you're obsessed with green.

martini - Anything for you. I'm actually pretty nervous now. Everyone is expecting great things.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

Who is Fergie? Were you able to fit 2300 lights on your tree? That must be a big tree.

Anonymous said...

I have that song as my ring tone, how bad is that????

Also, she is kinda hot in the video!!!

Technodoll said...

You guys forgot the christmas beer. You know, for Santa after a long sweaty haul down your chimney. Oh wait, you live in a condo, riiight. No presents for you then. He he.

Stephanie said...

Since when do candy canes come in packs of 23?

I would have understood wreaths, but I'm from the south too.

Oh, and can we have a new poll now that we all know that Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptarts are the best?

At least Fergie doesn't play on your site :)

laura rayburn said...

Target lady couldn't understand the word "wreath"...how were you pronouncing it? I'm not going to talk too much smack though, because the info lady at the Philadelphia train station could not understand what I was talking about when I said "Where can I pick up checked baggage?" She gave me a crazy look, and I gave her the stink eye, and then she said "What?" and I said "Baggage. Checked baggage." and then she gave me another look and finally I mimicked a suitcase until she told me to go behind staircase number one.

Traumatic, I know....but there's nothing like listening to a little Fergilicious to soothe those wounds, eh?