Wednesday, November 21, 2007

keeping it up

Yesterday was an eventful day. Got the new computer back, slept during most of the daylight hours, and competed in Iron Chef Houston again. Today I begin my journey much like the pilgrims. Except my pilgrimage will take me to the deep south where people eat sweet potatoes, fried turkey, and gravy on everything. I'll also be using an Xterra instead of a wooden ship.

I hate the current wallpaper on my desktop. It's ugly and stupid.

Yesterday afternoon I was a bum. I've only left the apartment once. That was to go pick up my computer. Things I did today:
1. Slept till mid afternoon.
2. Cleaned house. Looks better than the day I moved in.
3. Learned the "Crank dat Souja Boy" dance. Everyone back home will be impressed. Click I taught that boy in the black and white everything he'd ever need to know.
4. Beat my roommate in Iron Chef Houston - Secret Ingredient: Pork Tenderloin.
5. Ate pork tenderloin, mashed potatoes, and string beans.
6. Read some of my new book.
7. Did laundry.
8. Ate two pieces of sweet potato pie. Mmmm. Hope Dr. Physical doesn't find out.
9. Watched National Treasure. Thought about watching The Da Vinci Code. I always want to learn more about the Knights Templar.

Why is folding the fitted sheet so hard? In my entire history of folding the fitted sheet I have not once completed a fold that even comes close to resembling a square. It always turns out to be some sort of rolled up monstrosity. I will forever sleep on a wrinkled bottom sheet. Dear God, send me a wife that can fold. Thank you.

What European city lost 4,000 people to a "killer fog" of carbon dioxide in 1952?

Last entry's answer was Liberty.

Happy Thanksgiving Eve. Hope it's just ok.

12 comments:

Father Rob said...

I'm going to guess London.

I hate folding fitted sheets, Allison gets mad at me because I just roll them up because thats what it always ends up looking like.

The other day I thought about learning the soulja boy dance but when I saw that video I quickly gave up.

Sorry to hear that your blog girlfriend quit her blog.

Kathy said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Matt. Be safe driving. I can't fold fitted sheets very well either.

Anonymous said...

That book looks interesting (and I'm not even a relgious girl). I'm going to add it to my list.
Am I your blog girlfriend? *crosses fingers* If I am, I didn't quit. I'm just reevaluating my rules of disclosure.
Those last three words sound like a movie starring Denzel Washington.
I don't think anyone but Martha Stewart knows how to fold a fitted sheet.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

I just started reading that book last night! Weird....I like it so far.

Rahul said...

MAtt- I challenge you to a Soulja Boy Dance duel. *slap slap*

Anonymous said...

hm. Where is my recipe NasaBoy???

Happy American Thanksgiving ... I love Pork Tenderloin! Have to have it with applesauce though...

If it is any consolation, I cant fold fitted sheets either... I think most people just shove them in the back of the linen closet!

Mandy said...

No-one can actually fold a fitted sheet. No-one.

And thanks for wishing me just an okay Thanksgiving Eve. Same to you.

matt said...

Father Rob - I'd pay money to see you do Soulja Boy.

Kathy - If you can't fold them then I feel way better about my situation.

Martini - You know you don't have to question whether or not you're my girlfriend, it's automatic.

Prin - No one likes a liar.

206 - I love how we're on the same page here.

rs - When and where?

blonde - Resend your picture so I can change it out.

nerdgirl - I'll get right on the recipe when I get back to Houston. You really call it a linen closet?

poo - You're welcome. Thanks!

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
whatagem said...

You really like to make those lists, huh?

Anonymous said...

Finally! A new product, The EasyFold, that makes folding and storing your fitted sheets and complete sheets sets a breeze! For a demonstration go to www.theeasyfold.com. This really works!