Tuesday, November 6, 2007

my piano skills don't suck

I officially don't miss the being in class part of college. The girls I do miss. Except that University of Houston Downtown doesn't enroll that many cuties. Maybe they're just not on the same level as me. I mean 7th floor as the level. Not that I'm smarter or anything. Martini thinks I'm a Geek. She wants to go on Beauty and the Geek with me as my partner. I'm so confused now. Think I'll just go play some Scrabble or read the encyclopedia instead.

I have a date to Utility Al's Wedding Rehearsal Dinner 2007. My Future Wife agreed to go with me. I was surprised actually. Obviously we're meant to be. I hope she reads this before Friday evening. I love you My Future Wife.

I'm Baptist, not Methodist. Thought I'd clear that up. Just in case you were wondering.

Roommate bought a new electric wine bottle opener. The owner's manual says to charge the device for 16 hours. Bull crap. Who on earth charges their new electronic toy for that long as soon as they get it? Not this apartment. After about 2 hours of charging I made him uncork a bottle the electronic way. In case the new toy broke, he'd be the one using it. That's probably why half my battery operated electronics only half way work. I never charge the full charge before the first use. Turn the crap on now.

I just got off the phone with Utility Al, I told him I was "hitting the sack." I lied. I'm blogging instead.

This is Mississippi State's week. I don't predict scores. 1, I'm not good at it. 2, I don't want to jinx, not that I would, but you know. 3, I don't have a third, just needed a number 3 because having 2 just looks stupid.

I miss playing the piano. Being younger and taking lessons was not the cool thing to do. Mom asked if I wanted to take piano lessons one day at the swimming pool and I said yes. Three years later I was begging to take it away. Now I just want to be like Ben Folds. He's a small guy with awesome piano skills. Sometimes I sit at home on the piano, back when I used to be at home, and beat out a few tunes. No one seemed to like it, "shut up in there, loser." My sister isn't nice. I probably won't get her anything for Christmas.

When will softball season start back? I'll probably hit 23 home runs. Or I could just play football. There's probably a team out there that needs me at quarterback. I hope one of those teams reads this. Or I could just build a dynasty around me. I'll be Tom Brady. Who wants to be Randy Moss? I had to put this paragraph in there so I would look more manly than the rest of the post. Did that sentence defeat the purpose?

What future Soviet dictator was training to be a priest when he got turned on to Marxism?

Last entry's answer was 11.

15 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
whatagem said...

A fellow Baptist, yeh! (I am currently in between...looking for a church closer to home) Did you ever notice how we Baptists LOVE to get together ONLY when there's a potluck supper?

I miss my monthly fried chicken.

Anonymous said...

You liar. Just for that your sister is taking your place at the rehearsal dinner.

I love potluck!

It's probably Stalin.

Kathy said...

We have a lot in common -- you're Baptist and you took piano lessons. I'm impressed! I used to be a piano teacher so if you had lived in My-town, Alabama, I might have been your teacher!
This is Bama's week.

Father Rob said...

Dang it, you got a date. Now we cant be each others dates! I bet I'll be the only one there going stag. Oh well I guess I could just steal your Future Wife away from you.

Didnt you already ask this question? I'm going to guess Joseph Stalin because thats what everybody else is guessing. I like how the answer to the last question was 11 and I guessed like 30 something. I know all about sports.

Anonymous said...

I didn't say you were a geek (which is not a proper noun by the way -- who's the geek now?!), but you do have a smart, possibly slightly geeky side to you I think. Which you should embrace because girls (like me) like smarties.

I wish someone here would play Scrabble with me.

If someone called me their future wife, I'd probably start sweating and breathing irregularly.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prin said...

Crap. In my enthusiasm, and one handed typing (banana in the other), I w'ed my right. Dang it. lol

Rahul said...

I want to learn piano just so I can play the Peanuts theme song.

doo du doo doo doo doo doooo du dooo

matt said...

Prin - My sister isn't cooler than me. So that means there's potential for being pretty cool.

Whatagem - We're having a potluck at work. I'm pumped. What should I take?

Utility Al - Whatever

Kathy - You just keep becoming cooler and cooler

Father Rob - Looks like you're the only loser now. It's about time.

Martini - When referring to me as a Geek it is a proper noun. Do you have a crush on me? I hope so.

Prin - Don't flatter yourself too much.

rs - I know that song! Along with some other cool theme songs: Batman, Forrest Gump, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

Does your "future wife" read your blog? You may want to hope she doesn't......just sayin'.

Daszzle said...

thanks for the amusement... I so hear you on the charing of electronic devices (pssh who has the patience?).

Technodoll said...

ooo! i found the pause button for the loud blog music, so i can read you again! *hurrah*!

love your poptarts poll. however you forgot the roasted garlic ones. pfft.

d said...

I love Ben Folds. As a crazy Catholic, I only show up to things when guilted into them by my mother.