Wednesday, November 14, 2007

thank you

The Houston Police Department introduced themselves to me Tuesday morning on the way to work. The cop didn't strike me as the brightest law enforcer on the force. After asking him if that was me he caught speeding, his answer was yes, but it lacked some confidence. So I made him show me the radar. Sure enough he pulled out the radar gun to show me some random speed that he probably penciled in on his radar. The gun probably wasn't even real. I said "Whatever." He told me I was going 77 then sped up to 80. Who speeds up when they see a cop car?? He gave me a ticket. I said "Whatever" again.

I finally found a solution to my Orbit gum troubles. There's a new gum on the market called 5. They somehow avoided the problem of gum sticking to the packet. No more hard times with Orbit. High 5. Get it?

Ever since I did "live blog" the other day I have been super busy at work. Someone probably told an astronaut that I wasn't working.

I'm not a fan of the green apple of grape Blow Pops but I eat them anyways. Someone at work brought a bunch of Blow Pops in and now all the good colors are gone. Right now I'm wishing I would have stocked up on the strawberry while they were still around.

Thanksgiving dinner at work is coming up this Friday. I'm signed up to bring Mac and Cheese. Homemade of course. Along with a sweet potato pie. Mmmm. Everyone else in the office is pretty cheap. One guy signed up for mashed potatoes and asked if someone else would bring gravy. Come on slacker, just pick up some gravy at KFC when you get the potatoes. We're engineers, you can afford it. I am thankful for having a Thanksgiving dinner at work and sweet potato pie. That's it. Well, girls too. And the state of Mississippi along with Mississippi State. Probably Dakoda too.

Turk Malloy: Don't change the facial structure.
Virgil Malloy: I'm making you taller. Don't you want to be taller? You're a midget in 34 states. Turk Malloy: Yeah, well, I'm an animal in the other 34.
Virgil Malloy:[turns and stares at Turk]
Turk Malloy: 24. 22.
-Ocean's Thirteen

What company first condensed soup in 1898?

Last entry's answer was Stonewall Jackson.

17 comments:

Bella said...

I like the 5 gum (cobalt), but am a fan of Orbit. My favorite is the mint mojito. Makes me wish I could have a real mojito though.

Nothing like taking food to work. Seems there are always people fighting to sign up for the paper products and 2 liter sodas though. Cheapskates I say.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Instead of making us cook for Thanksgiving, my company gives everyone a free pie of their choice. Jealous? (I chose the Kahlua cheesecake because I'm an alcoholic.)

Grape is never a good flavor for anything. Ever notice that? Why do they keep making it?

Is "your mom" the answer to that question?

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skryker said...

Ewwwwwwwwwww, sweet potato pie!

Good thing you said homemade Mac and Cheese to balance it out.

Got to be Campbell's.

Rahul said...

I started buying 5 because I couldn't find that orange flavored gum and 5 had it.

But I think 5 loses its flavor faster.

I once was pulled over by a cop for speeding. He was standing on the side of the road. He pulled me over and he wasnt even moving.

True Story.

Kathy said...

Just curious about the homemade mac and cheese. Will you actually make it yourself or use Kraft in the box?

Mandy said...

I dislike Thanksgiving food. Christmas is much better. At Thanksgiving everyone feels the need to make a bunch of crappy casseroles...why can't we just friggin' eat green beans like every other holiday?

Elise said...

I've never understood Thanksgiving... Do you go around the table and say what your thankful for, or does that just happen in films? x

Father Rob said...

Prin: "I dont know what sweet potato pie is".....huh? You should have said that you'd bring the giblet gravy if somebody else brought the dressing.

Sucks about the ticket, I havent gotten a ticket since my first semester of college *knocks on wood* I bet you really didnt say "whatever" I bet you said "I'm sorry"

If the answer to todays question is Campbell's then I'm going to be mad. These questions are getting too easy, mudwall/stonewall? Come on! I'm calling you out Law Maker Matt, we need more challenging trivia (just no sports).

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Father Rob said...

well I guess thats better than an "unknown unknown."

Matt, thanks for the future MSU diploma email thing. I doubt my kids going to college though, unless he/she pays for it cause I'm not.

Father Rob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Father Rob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

Matt, my son got a ticket in L.A. recently for riding his mini-bike on the sidewalk. Apparently, they don't like that sort of thing in California. He got a $500 ticket!

Anonymous said...

whats our secret? p.s. i can't wait until utility al reads all your posts. I still wonder if we should have called him to eat with us on last saturday. hmm...

Technodoll said...

You cook? and you're not married? what the hell is wrong with this planet. sigh.