Thursday, November 29, 2007

woof woof

Dakoda says hi.

I called Continental Airlines the other day to book my flight to Philawarepragacago. "Where?" Philawarepragacago. "Sir, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying." Phila-ware-prag-acago. "I'm sorry sir but we don't have a flight to that city." Ok, well how about Tuscan? "$1238" Thanks.

Dakoda enjoys waking me up again. She runs and jumps on the bed, searches under the covers for my face and proceeds to lick. I know, I taste about as good as I look. Which is a lot.

I love Jim Gaffigan. He makes me laugh. Laugh a lot.

Everyone should go listen to Demitri Martin right now. Make sure to check out "Guitar Jokes." This strict order is for you Martini.

I haven't figured out how to fully use the delete key on my keyboard and it's somewhat annoying. Unlike the PC keyboard the MAC keyboard doesn't have a backspace key. In it's place is the delete key. There's some way to do a combo of buttons to make the delete key (the backspace PC key) work like a regular PC delete button. So that instead of backspacing the characters to be deleted, you can delete the characters in the opposite direction of backspacing. Confused yet? One day I'll figure this irritating issue out. When I do I'll probably never backspace a character again to delete it.

Suit Test update: Due to recent events at work the test has been downgraded and will be conducted at 1:00. Will still wear the suit but not in full operation. Thank you previous complications. Whatever.

What is geniophobia?

Last entry's answer was the revolving door.

15 comments:

Father Rob said...

"I know, I taste about as good as I look. Which is a lot." Does this statement make any sense? How do you taste? Good. How good? A lot good. Maybe its just my Mississippi public school education...

I was going to guess fear of germs for the trivia but I cheated and looked it up. If anybody gets this one right they are a cheater. Good job on the hard trivia.

Anonymous said...

Is a MAC really better?

I guess fear of genocide.

Rahul said...

I saw Demetri Martin live here in LA and it was the funniest show I've ever been to. Also check out his report on Myspace he did for the Daily Show. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Umm...actually...I sorta know Mr. Martin. You boys jealous? I can give him your number if you want. :)

I love cake! That's my favorite JG thing. I can laugh for hours. Probably because I do love cake.

Wait....the delete key above this one: \ deletes backwards. The delete key under the F14 and help buttons deletes forwards.

I wish I had a space suit.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daszzle said...

I freakin' love good ol' Jimmy. Goat took me to see him last year for my birthday- fabulous! Hey if you like Demitri, check out Mitch Hedberg. Poor guy died a little bit ago, but I definitely think he must have been one of Martin's main inspirations because they're style is so similiar.

Anonymous said...

“I opened-up a yogurt, underneath the lid it said, 'Please try again' because they were having a contest that I was unaware of. I thought maybe I opened the yogurt wrong. ...Or maybe Yoplait was trying to inspire me...'Come on Mitchell, don't give up!' An inspirational message from your friends at Yoplait, fruit on the bottom, hope on top.”

Anonymous said...

“I love blackjack. But I'm not addicted to gambling. I'm addicted to sitting in a semi circle.”

[I could go on all day.]

matt said...

father rob - Why don't you go write on your own blog. Quit being so mean on mine. You're scaring everyone away.

utility al - Yes. MAC is better. Except for my keyboard.

rs - Thanks for the secret tip. I feel like someone on the inside now.

martini - Is that true? If so, how and will you introduce?...I've got the short wireless keyboard. I know, it's pretty hot....You can come try on my space suit anyday.

prin - You're the only one that commented on the dog. Thanks. She's the best.

daszzle - I'm quite jealous now. Oh and I love some Mitch. Funny guy.

martini - Please keep it coming. I'm loving it. [that's what she said]

Rahul said...

"I bought a donut and the guy gave me a reciept for the donut. I don't need a receipt for the donut, I give you the money, you give me the donut, end of transaction. We do not need to bring ink and paper into this. I can not imagine the scenario where I would have to prove that I bought a donut. Some skeptical friend. Don't even act like I didn't get that donut. I got the documentation right here."

Rahul said...

" My friend said to me 'you know what I like? Mashed Potatoes.' I was like 'Dude you gotta give me time to guess if you're gonna quiz me. You must put a pause in there'".

"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said 'I hear music' As though there's another way you can take it in. You're not special. That's how I recieve it too. I tried to taste it, but it did not work."

Hedberg rules.

matt said...

"I went into a clothes store and a lady came up to me and said "if you need anything, I'm Jill". I've never met anyone with a conditional identity before."

Anonymous said...

Dakoda is adorable!

Mandy said...

I love Jim Gafigan's Hot Pocket bit - too friggin' funny! And I always knew you liked Demitri Martin...your blog kind of reminds me of him.

Dakoda is adorable! I LOVE, love, love animals!

Diva said...

What an awesome pet! My newly acquired dog is still doing the low crawl around the house do to the new surroundings.

I don't think I could ever use a MAC. I'm barely smart enough to used this rut-a-the-mill number.