Monday, November 12, 2007

the return of me

I'm back in Texas. Right now I'm not sure how I feel about that. Mississippi was Mississippi and Texas is big. Does feel good to have my car/truck/suv back while driving around with people that don't know what a speed limit is. The parking garage that I parked at gave me some cookies and water when I left. They made me feel like a V.I.P., first class all the way. Thank you theParkingSpot. That's really how they spell it. If I had a company I wouldn't put spaces between the words either. ComeShopAtMattsRidiculouslyAwesomeBlogStore. Fortune 500 in no time.

Mississippi State Beat Bama, 17 - 12. I made the guy in the sound booth update me through out the wedding. I've never smiled so big for pictures before in my life. Thank you Mississippi State Bulldogs. This blog post is dedicated to you. I hope Kathy still comments.

Dakoda woke me Sunday morning. She's the not so small chocolate lab puppy of mine. I'm pretty sure she missed me.

Watch out ladies Matt is on the prowl. I caught the garter at the wedding. That little boy in front of me didn't deserve it, way too young. Not sure if I want the garter tradition to hold true or not. I'll let My Future Wife worry about that. Oh, she informed me this weekend that she doesn't like that name and wants a new one. Good luck honey. You looked hot at the dinner rehearsal. Hope she reads this.

Ocean's Thirteen comes out tomorrow. I'll probably buy it only because I have the first two.

I have yet to determine anything worse than riding a plane with a crying baby. Thank you Mr Pilot for taking the slow descent home. My ears couldn't have hurt worse. Add baby in row 15 crying and annoying flight attendant telling me to put my seat upright and buckle up every 10 minutes to the equation and we produce a crappy return flight. Why do I have to buckle up and put my seat upright? I'm an aerospace engineer who is educated in designing airplanes. That should exempt me. Whatever.

What do you call a Man Shower? The ones where Men get together for grilling and give tools, guns, knives, playboys, lawn equipment, grills and such to the groom? Do those even exist? Well if not I'll telling whoever reads this that I want one.

Friends from high school want me to mention them in my blog for some reason. Apparently they think this thing is a big deal. I'll call them CheerGirl and Nurse C.

Utility Al, why didn't you pick up your phone Saturday night? Hope you enjoy the meal for whichever night you choose. Thank you for the awesome being in the wedding present you gave me. I just showed it off to the roommate. He's impressed.

What military man had a much less famous cousin nicknamed "Mudwall"? He's a fan of mine.

Last entry's answer was Consumer News and Business Channel.

13 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

Okay, I'll still comment since I'm a good sport and since I love your blog. (Did I already leave this comment earlier? I got busy at work and I think I lost it the first time.) Anyway, post some wedding pics for us.

d said...

I am always the girl standing in the group of single women, but instead of rushing toward the bouquet, I run the other direction. Usually toward the bar.

Father Rob said...

Hey I think I know who CheerGirl and Nurse C are. If the answer to the trivia is Stonewall Jackson then it was waaaaay too easy.

Anonymous said...

Dakoda totally seems like a Texan dog's name. Does he wear a bandana?
The garter! Eek. Stay away! :) Kidding, when is our date?
Oh, and by the way, if you're replacing "Future Wife's" nickname with "Honey," I'm not sure she'll appreciate it anymore. Just sayin....

Anonymous said...

A man shower! You got it boy! You have to come to Canada though... I live where all the movie stars come to get in trouble with strippers ... so we might have to visit one of THOSE bars too!

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

Everyone! Lock up your daughters!!!

Rahul said...

Did you see that episode of The Office where Ryan knocks away the garter from Kelly?

Thats all I wanted to say.

Also anything that has Spot in the title has to be awesome. Think about it.

Technodoll said...

Oh those facking crying babies on airplanes. There's always one to ruin it for everyone, like at the grocery store or at walmart. People! kids belong in crates at home, not in public!

*end of rant*. Welcome home :-)

matt said...

prin - That was me in the suv. I actually can't afford to get home. I can barely afford to leave the gas station parking lot. Help.

kathy - Wedding pics? That might be a possibility. I'll call the couple on the honeymoon and see when they'll be ready.

d - Me and you. We'll hang out together.

father rob - You wish you knew my girls.

Martini - Dakoda is a she. And no she doesn't wear a bandana. I'll have to get some recent pics of her too. The date is whenever you'll have me over.

nerdgirl - You're crazy. Crazy.

206 - You better watch out.

rs - Right on. That's all I wanted to say.

techno - Now lets not be too mean. Father Rob might read this.

Stephanie said...

Welcome back. I love how you just threw playboys in the mix with your shower gifts. You are right though "man shower" sounds a bit gay.

Bella said...

There is such a thing as a "man shower". I know people who have them all the time. They call them different things, like "tool and garden shower", "patio and grill shower"...

Maybe all the men here are gay.

Mandy said...

A man shower is called a "Tool Shower." My hubby had one when we got married and got all kind of stuff...pick a best man that you know has the money to throw you one, lol.