Wednesday, August 8, 2007

breaking stuff

Last night was fiesta night at the house. I cooked tacos and made the rest of my family wear sombreros. Dad did not smile, mom thought it was cute, and Dakoda just stared through the glass door. I can't believe I went to bed early after the festivity and missed the best sports record being broken. I learned of the event seconds ago with an email from Burd. After Barry's second hit, a crummy single, I shut the tube off and went to bed. I'm excited, even while most baseball fans are not. He's a great hitter, even though there is a nasty *. The way I look at it, he's not the first to do it, nor will he be the last, and he's still playing. No one has kicked him out. Everyone cheats, some just don't get caught.

Some guy is going off down the hall. His head is going to explode if he doesn't calm down. He does have a right to be so ticked off. Someone borrowed the double sided tape and never brought it back. I'd be nothing less than irate.

I think Old Guy has screwed something up before his shindig in Orleans. He's in charge of the cooling and heating of buildings. My desk area is burning up while other areas of the office are freezing. His "efficient" plan can kiss my rear end. Thank goodness Heart Breaker Dan gave me an electric fan to use, now my hair will flow in the breeze. The secretary just told me good morning, I didn't think she liked me.

Skinny was saying something about the boy who cried wolf, I was barely paying attention. Then I said, "Who is the boy who cried wolf?" Skinny proceeded to tell me the whole story of the little boy who lived in the Scandinavian village that always cried wolf. I enjoyed his special little twist to the fairy tale.

This morning has had the best music on the radio that I have ever heard, except for that James Taylor Christmas song. I'm thinking of calling Yahoo! to congratulate them on finally becoming good at something. Go Google.

What state leads the U.S. with 15 tons of solid waste per citizen each year?

Last entry's answer was the eighteenth.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, your Qs are getting harder with every post. I'm going to guess...New Jersey because thats the nations garbage can.

Kathy said...

I will guess Alabama since we are #50 on every list of good things and #1 on every list of bad things.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
burd said...

I'd say MS...because after living in both Alabama and Mississippi...MS seems to be dead last in everything while followed closely by AL. Nice new poll.

burdisout.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Several thoughts: I like theme dinners. I like that you give nicknames to people in your office (I have a Captain McCreepy in mine). Regarding your message to me, if she brought her mom, it's not a date, though if you were charming enough, it could lead to one. And we could hang out if you were here, but I assure you my life isn't really that exciting, so you might be dissapointed. I'm sad and single, remember? :) And I guess California.

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

I would say Texas...everything is bigger in Texas, right? So I hear. Is it true? Everything?????

whatagem said...

True in Texas? Yep. Double sided tape not so bad. At least is wasn't a red Swingline stapler.

Simon said...

I would say California. High consumption is the name here in the state.

joen05 said...

I don't know how you do it but you always entertain me with your posts. I'm gonna go with NY.

Daszzle said...

I think part of the secretary job description is letting off an air of hating almost everyone else... just a guess.

i'll say Pennsylvania

Katie said...

Massachusetts...not for any particular reason, but its just a very unexpected answer since that state is so small.