Thursday, August 30, 2007

game night

Tonight is the first football game of the college season. ESPN has a countdown which I'm watching by the second. There is a bet riding on this game for me. If LSU happens to pull a miracle, I have to don LSU memorabilia (crap) on my desk at work. Or when everything goes to plan after Miss St's win, the ex-LSU football player here will proudly show off his new MSU cowbell I'll bring him. Those are my two girlfriends in the back with their backs turned. They're shy.

I hate when I try to blow a bubble with my gum and miss. The gum isn't stretched out to the correct size and when the time comes to blow into the gum something goes wrong because it slips instead. I seriously doubt that sentence made sense at all. It then results in a noise being made that sounds like me trying to make a farting sound. Slightly awkward when there is silence in the room. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this. Or just don't say anything at all.

This morning my coffee was ruined on the account of my roommate. He bragged about the cinnamon flavor being so good. One shot of that crap made my morning sour. I'll never listen to his advice again.

I hate the maintenance manual author. He puts in a blank page and then tells me that the page is blank "This page was intentionally left blank." No it wasn't, you put something on the page. Why?

"...Right now, it's all about Mississippi State." - Les Miles, LSU Head Football Coach

Hail dear 'ole State,
Fight for that victory today;
Hit that line and 'tote that ball;
Cross the goal before you fall,
And then we'll yell, yell, yell, yell!
For dear 'ole State we'll yell like h-e-l-l!
Fight for Mis-sis-sip-pi State,
Win that game today.
-Mississippi State Fight Song

What Great Lake state has more shoreline than the entire U.S. Atlantic seaboard?

Good Luck Mississippi State. Go to hell Ole Miss.

Last entry's answer was 6.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're gonna beat the hell outta you! Maroon! White! Fight fight fight! Mississippi State! Whoo! Damn right!

Anonymous said...

I agree about Ole Miss going to hell. Wow I got the egg question right too! For this one I'm going to guess superior considering its the largest lake. oh and im with ya on the making fart noises when trying to blow bubbles. happens to me too

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
burd said...

Hey Utility Al...how hard was the FE? How long did you study for it?

The double shot of cinnamon made my day for the second one in a rwo!! You don't know what you're talking about...but it's ok (Different strokes, for different folks).

I might get two in a row here...You asked for the Great lake State correct. I think that would be Michigan!

Look out Bayou Bengals...Go to Hell Ole Miss!!

Kay said...

Re: the intentionally blank page -- I always thought that was dumb too... until I started working in publishing. It's easier and cheaper to print books, magazines, manuals, etc. that have page counts that are a multiple of 4. The manual was probably running short, so they had to add some blank pages to get the final page count to a manageable number. You'll notice that books add blank pages all the time -- some do it at the beginning and some do it at the end.

I don't know why they printed "this page was intentionally left blank," though. That does seem kind of unnecessary.

OK, I'll stop now. This has been your random and pointless fact of the day.

Anonymous said...

It was tough, I studied pretty hard everyday for about 2 or 2 1/2 weeks straight. We also had review sessions every night the week before. You can do it though. Just buy some review manuals and work through them. Tonight's game isn't looking very promising... Unless State can somehow score 6 touchdowns in the next 8 minutes. I'm ringing my cowbell anyway.

Anonymous said...

Why does your blog say you posted this on Wednesday. Didn't you post it yesterday? Is today Friday? Am I going insane? (I swear I haven't drank yet today.) I don't know anything about sports so this is all I could contribute. But I do chew bubble gum. In fact, even when I get "regular adult" gum, I always choose the "bubble gum" flavor.
Also, I have to say Wisconsin as my answer. Shout out to the home state. Woot woot.

Anonymous said...

martini, i didnt realize there was a lake wisconsin....

Anonymous said...

Father Rob, I think the answer to the question is a state, not a lake. "What Great Lake state has more shoreline..." By the way, if you really want to go to Houston, when is a good weekend?

joen05 said...

They put that intentional blank page on tests too.. so that people pay attention. Maybe they want people to think the pages are not wasted by making them pay attention to them?

I wish I had cable for sports...

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wow I'm an idiot. My apologies to Martini, I guess I'm dyslexic.
Um.... about houston, the wife works every other weekend so I'd like to do it one weekend when shes working. Whens a good weekend for you?

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Any weekend is fine with me really. We'll just have to get together and talk about it. Either way I'm getting off at 2:00 in honor of it being labor day weekend! Weird huh? That's the government for ya.

Anonymous said...

Funny... this comment section has turned into more of a chat room. Matt, looks like me and Father Rob are headed your way in the not-too-distant future.