Tuesday, August 28, 2007

bringing sexy back

"What is the #1 most craved food by women?" Click My mom told me not to get tied down with a girl that doesn't have a job, for the answer. As for those of you who did not like the repeat question, it was just a test to see if you're really learning anything. I'm pleased to see that people do listen and learn from my blog. I'm pretty much like an online professor of useless information. I should start charging for this stuff.

Disappointed in the number of people who have never eaten, heard of, or seen grits. I would quote Father Rob's description but it's too formal for me. They're just grits, not pig fat, not a chew substance, and not red. Free grits on me tomorrow night.

Calling a technical support for anything puts me in a bad mood. Lately I've been calling to set up a router that I bought brand new and already needs upgrades. Blows my mind. Why put something on the shelf if it is not ready? So I call and talk to some idiot that barely knows any English and can't seem to understand anything I'm saying. "Sorry sir, I no understand." Is it my sexy southern accent? "Sir, can you say problem is?" I give up.

The people at work say Cozumel (koh-zuh-mel, the Texas way) funny. Apparently my sexy southern accent says it wrong. kaw-soo-mel, that's all I know.

I miss My Future Wife, she's in Mississippi. Thanks for calling this afternoon honey. I'll buy her a plane ticket to come see. Hopefully she'll use it.

Tomorrow night is the Mississippi State vs. LSU kick off! I rang my cowbell for good measure last night at 11:08. Not a specific time for anything, just the time I thought about it. Maroon, White. Maybe I can get some of the med students to quit studying and come join us for some burgers, chips, drinks, and football. Otherwise it'll be me, Burd, and Burd's dad. What a crew. Maybe I'll see coffee girl tomorrow, she would probably be flattered if I asked her to come.

Wonder if NASA will like the man beard? Thinking of bringing it back. Just so much easier not to shave.

Michael Scott: Can I ask you all a question? Do you know what it’s like to be disabled?
Phyllis: I had scoliosis as a girl…
Michael Scott: Never heard of it. No, a real disability, not a woman's trouble.
Creed: When I was a teenager, I was in an iron-lung.
Michael Scott: Wha? How- how old are you? The point is: I am the only one here who has a legitimate disability. Although I am sure Stanley has had his fair share of obstacles.
Stanley: I'm not disabled and neither are you.
-The Office
I have to give so much credit to The Office. It's the reason I have this job. No lie.

Wow, that was a long post.

How many sizes of chicken eggs does the USDA recognize, including peewee?

Last entry's answer was 8.

20 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I don't get it....are you saying I don't have a job?

matt said...

Opps, didn't mean to make martini sound unemployed. She's got the hottest job of anyone I know. A model! I owe you one.

Anonymous said...

*Laughing* I am haaaardly a model sweet boy. I am a magazine editor though, who sometimes lets people take photos of me if they promise to airbrush out all my flaws. :)

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

I hate LSU so I will root for M-i-crooked letter-crooked letter-i-crooked letter-crooked letter-i-p-p-i State. I've done good!

Oh yeah, and I hate THE Ohio State..what kind of people capitolize THE? I really don't get it? Go Irish!

My answer is 5...total guess.

Anonymous said...

Kudos on the new difficult question. I'm going to guess six. By the way I think Burd's answer last post was correct. I believe homer and the crew have 3 fingers on each hand (since the thumb isnt really a finger).

Anonymous said...

The thumb isn't a finger?!

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joen05 said...

I tell my gf I bring sexy back all the time, cuz she's obsessed with JT. I'd come watch the game and have some grits with ya. Buy me a plane ticket!

Anonymous said...

Well MDOT has unblocked your blog. Go figure. Now I'm trying to get a link posted on GoMDOT.com so that everyone here can enjoy reading your thoughts. Don't get your hopes up though. Father Rob, want to fly over to Houston one weekend for about $100 each with SouthWest?

matt said...

If I hold up my hand how many fingers am I showing?

Martini? Flaws? Please. (I'm trying prin) What night is the 10-12 special?

Thanks Seattle, we'll get you a cowbell soon now.

What am I doing? I never write on my on comments.

Anonymous said...

The 10-12 special? I sound like a hooker. "Half-off with coupon!" Believe me, we ALL have flaws, some of which cannot be fixed with airbrushing.
(Ah, SNAP.)
What? I have no idea...I just don't want to work.
This whole thumb-is-not-a-finger thing is fascinating to me. Did I miss that day in school? Didn't we learn in kindergarden we have 10 fingers and 10 toes? Not 8 fingers, two thumbs, and 10 toes. I think I would have remembered that.

Anonymous said...

Sure, Utility Al, so long as its not on 9/11 like matts flight and my overbearing pregnant wife allows it.

Matt, you need to comment on your own blog more often. And youre holding up 4 fingers. I dont know, theres a lot of debate on the "is the thumb a finger"
subject but frankly its too boring to continue discussing.

Kay said...

I'm with Martini -- I always thought I had 10 fingers. Nobody ever taught me otherwise. When babies are born, no one says "I'm so relieved that my baby has 8 fingers, 2 thumbs, and 10 toes!"

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
matt said...

I'm with martini and kay, 10 fingers includes the thumbs....Everything I saw toward martini seems to go to crap. So...Who wants some grits?!?

matt said...

Opps, that saw was suppose to be SAY. I'm a horrible speller/typer/commenter.

Anonymous said...

Hmm...maybe you're flustered by my impermeable comebacks and flawless wit....?
The finger/thumb debate is perhaps the highlight of my day. Is that sad?

Kylie said...

Future wife in MS??? I don't live in MS anymore!
Silly boy!