Monday, August 20, 2007

bumming internet

My first day of work began with the biggest crick (misspelled that the first time through) in my neck this morning. The dang pain is still here at 7:00 pm. Everyone asked how I was at work, I said "in pain." They probably think I hate my job already.

At work this article made me feel good about my move to Houston.

I have never won anything in my entire life, besides that costume contest, until this weekend. Thanks to drinking about 5 Mountain Dew's while at the old job, I won $25 on Transform Your Summer. By simply being bored and drinking a coke i was rewarded beyond my wildest dreams. Thanks Mt. Dew.

The apartment complex convinced me into signing a lease when they spilled the beans about free Starbucks being brewed by the cup 24 hours a day for all residents. Sunday morning I woke up with a smile on my face knowing I could take the elevator to the lobby and have a nice cup of brand name coffee. The machine was out of beans. This morning I woke up with a smile on my face knowing that I could take the elevator to the lobby and have a nice cup of brand name coffee. The machine was out of filters. Tomorrow morning if I wake up with a smile on my face and no brand name coffee, I'm finding a new apartment.

Today I got my id badge. Be thankful that I don't look like a felon, unlike my driver's license. I positioned myself in front of the camera with a big jolly grin on my face and said cheese. The woman in the blue vest told me there's no smiling for id pictures. I frowned instead.

The blogs are getting shorter due to bumming internet, scared to post at work, and no Starbucks.

Texas Ranger: The teacher asked me what was the capital of North Carolina. I said Washington, D.C.
Cal Naughton, Jr.: Bingo.
Ricky Bobby: Nice.
Texas Ranger: She said "No, you're wrong." I said "You got a lumpy butt." She got mad at me and yelled at me and I pissed in my pants and I never did change my pee-pants all day. I'm still sittin' in my dirty pee-pants.
Cal Naughton, Jr: I wet my bed until I was nineteen. There's no shame in that.
-Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

What color is an emu egg?

Last entry's answer was 5.

10 comments:

whatagem said...

hey matt, I found the labels thing a couple days ago but I don't understand what they're for (thought they might pop up thru yahoo searches or something! Ha ha) Addicted to Coke Points myself. Get ALL my friends to save caps for me. It'll be a good Christmas this year. NASCAR Coca-Cola driver hats for all!!

Kay said...

Life is a series of trade-offs. You can't have free Starbucks because Mountain Dew gave you money. You have used up all of your caffeinated beverage luck for the month of August, my friend.

I'm going to take a wild guess on the trivia question and say purple.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Well no more blog reading for me at work. MDOT is cracking down on your posts, Matt. They have blocked your blog because it is "Tasteless" or something like that. Shame on you. Hope you enjoy your new job. Don't forget us Florence folks.

I'm going to say dark tan.

Anonymous said...

Adjusting to something new is hard at first (isn't that what we all ironically write about now?), but I'm sure it'll get better. Especially since you sound like you're such an easy going guy that laughs at a lot of life. Do you ever just say to yourself in slight disbelief "I work for NASA?" I would. It would be cool if your ID badge was in the shape of a space shuttle.
I say puce.

Geoff said...

No beans is right. Same situation for me this morning! Glad the move is working out well for you.

Kathy said...

Matt, I hope you found some coffee in the lobby this morning. Maybe you could go to this place in Houston called Java Jazz on Aug. 31. You could probably have some good coffee and listen to some good music at the same time. My son's band is playing there that night.

joen05 said...

I'm a coke rewards person myself.. got a ton of points. Hope you got your coffee.. I always get mine at work.

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

Oooo...I know this one! I went to an Emu farm and it is the only thing I remember...the eggs are Green!

I have to agree with Miss Martini...dude, you work at NASA!!! Crazy!

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.