Friday, August 31, 2007

don't ask

I found the "Don't Mess with Texas" t-shirts for sell. I plan on sending some home to my friends. They will be required to wear them whenever they come to visit. I plan on wearing mine to church Sunday.

Lunch today was interesting. Never have I ever eaten Vietnamese food. Is that how you spell it? If not, it is now. Someone from the office asked if I wanted to go. Sure, why not. Anyways, some guy who drives a four-door Dakota truck picked us up. He listens to, no lie, an Elvis impersonator singing Led Zeppelin with a reggae band. How do I know this? He explained in detail about this piece-o-crap cd he owns. At lunch he explained how he enjoyed going to the clubs in downtown and "macking" on the ladies. He's got to be in his 40s. I was instructed not to get married so that I can live the dream and tell them, the married guys, about how much fun it is to pick up the ladies. For some reason I'm guessing this guy goes home and plays video games when Star Trek is not on. My stomach hurts.

Father Rob, Utility Al, no more chatting to each other on the comment section. Call each other.

I experienced the "Everything is bigger in Texas" this morning. I have never heard thunder this loud before in my entire life. I about wet the bed. Made that last part up. God was looking out for me though. If not for the thunder I would probably still be asleep. The alarm clock never was set last night.

The Girl called yesterday evening bragging about how she was in Starkville going to the game. She wants me. That's all I'm going to say about that and the game. I hope she reads this.

What U.S. state had the first 7-Eleven stores?

Last entry's answer was Michigan.

15 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess the great salt lake. Seriously though I'll guess California.

So Utility Al, how has your day been? Mine's been okay, kind of boring. How's the fiancee? Did you know that for the female it is spelled fiancee but for the male it is spelled fiance?

I think I'm going to start a semi blog in matts comments. What do yall think?

Kay said...

I don't know the answer to the trivia question. I just wanted to say that out here there's a store called 6-Twelve, and I think that's funny. Have a good holiday weekend!

Kathy said...

I'll guess Alabama. Just remember that someday you'll be in your 40's and some recent college graduate will be making fun of you. But yeah, that sounds like a very weird CD.

Anonymous said...

haha Kathy just said exactly what I thought when i read this blog...you need a woman fast before you turn into that.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I don't like saying fiance. I feel a little fruity when I say it, so I try not to. And I love the semi blog idea in the comment section. After all, this is OUR section, not Matt's. And prin, who the heck is Utility Bill?

joen05 said...

Vietnamese food is awesome. I can say that cuz I'm vietnamese. What did you have? You're making me hungry.

Once, I woke up cuz thunder shook my house. I was scared.

whatagem said...

Ah....Texas Thunder. Watch out for hurricanes and tornadoes! (maybe you saw the video in 1st grade) Kudos on the TX shirt finally

Anonymous said...

You can put it on your page, of course. ;)

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am an idiot.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frasier said...

Hi there
Found you on Kathys blog roll and glad I stopped by.
You are a very funny young man!
I would love to know when the first Indian(East Indian) settlers found the 7/11' s !!!
You havent heard Georgia thunder yet !!!A few trees came crashing down in our yard and we never heard them for all that thunder.Saw them a few days later though!

Technodoll said...

Matt, i can always count on you for entertainment, LOL! with or without the Texas t-shirt. :)