Monday, August 13, 2007

sage in bloom is like perfume

The Houston Apartment Search 2007 started off with a bang or maybe it was a yawn. Yeah, it was most definitely a yawn at 4:00 am. I did however get my BK Mocha Joe after stopping at the third (yes, 1..2..3) Burger King. They open at 6, not 5, not 5:30, but 6. Just in case anybody is every up that early in the history of mankind.

Mom's NASA visit turned out to be a little embarrassing. She could not leave that place without having a poster, sticker, patch, and a medallion. I felt like the hillbilly's coming to the big city. Especially when we made our entrance to the valet. I was so in awe that I forgot to put the car in park.

Friday night we took in an Astros game. Thanks Burd. I think my nose is still bleeding.

I now have a new crush. Her name is Candace. I have actually met this one unlike the others in the past. She works at the Ventana at Midtown, an apartment we almost signed on because of her. Ok not really, well maybe a little. I wanted to sign there so she'd have my phone number, I didn't care if she had a ring on her finger. Mom said she lacked a personality, I said she didn't need one.

The hotel we were in all weekend was nothing less than hair-raising, heart-stirring, and spine-tingling. I like how all those words have a hyphen. The elevators took my stomach away every time we went down. I'd curse when some other floor delayed our decent. Cursing also occurred when I saw that my one waffle for breakfast was $11.25. L'Eggo my wallet.

After everything was said and done, I'm the proud owner of the coolest loft in Houston, Texas. Thanks to everyone who wished me good luck, only y'all can come visit, no others. Do they use y'all in Texas? They don't drink sweet tea. Wimps.

Get ready Houston, Matt's coming to town.

"I feel safer on a racetrack than I do on Houston's freeways." - A. J. Foyt

This is for Tiger and his awesomeness. What Grand Slam golf tournament has the most clubhousers sipping mint juleps?

Last entry's answer was Los Angeles.

19 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The Kentucky Derby! I know its not golf but its the best I could do.

Kay said...

I bet it's the Masters. My grandmother lives near there and goes every year. Such a stuffy tournament.

They definitely say "ya'll" in Texas -- one of my best friends lives there and says that. I've heard that Houston is a fun place. Congrats on the apartment -- I bet you'll have a great time there.

Technodoll said...

So when you throw your housewarming party you'll be serving candy? or just dry chips we can all crumble on your floors? he he. I hope your mailed invitation includes confetti, i love those things. I'll bring the strippers. sound good?

oh wait... i'm a girl, i can't be doing man-things like that. sigh. guess i'll just wave you good luck from far away. and CONGRATS!! wooot!!!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

A loft -- That sounds impressive! Congrats! Being from Alabama, I understand your feelings about hillbillies visiting the big city. And yeah, I told my daughter about you -- she likes guys with a good sense of humor.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

It's the Master's, baby! I was getting sick of Tiger winning, but since my boy Phil is stinking up the joint, I don't mind seeing Tiger win!

Congrats on the Loft! I have been to Houston once and it was CRAZY! You will be saying "y'all" and I bet by week 3, you will have your custom platinum grill!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for reading my blog and commenting ^-^...From reading your post I'm feeling like saying "Ya'll" whenever I get the chance Lol...it was the same way when I was watching on public telivision barbeque america and the way the guy said "Beer Butt Chicken" made me to say that everysingle chance I could get for an hour or so...until everyone around me to "STFU" because it was getting annoying...

But great on the loft... lets just hope it isn't one of those 1 room apartments where in each of the corners in it you have a part of the home... if in that case it is... get remodeling so then you have walls separating the bedroom.... lol.

But hey, you think we could be blogging friends? You know, reply to each other's posts in stuff???

Avi den Kanashimi

Daszzle said...

haha, may I ask how finding hot black men became your google ad du jour? Hilarious! I'm glad your trip to Houston was a success even if it did become slightly embarassing at times ;)

WhiteShatter said...

Sweet blog, I enjoyed reading about all that you do in your life... This is how I want my blog - just pretty much step by step what I do and stuff.

You posted on my blog that you wanted me to make a flash face thing for you... I need multiple pics of your face and diff backgrounds first. Email em to me and I can make you one real quick.

Sweet blog - Ill check it often :)

-Robert

JennySnapshot said...

I love the name of your blog!
lol cute

JennySnapshot said...

I totally would, but i think you live to far away. ^_~

P.S. i don't think you should go after girls with rings on there fingers...It might bring drama, just some friendly advice lol

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Thank you :-) look at that emo boy style at this blog:
http://crazy-emo-boys.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

Anonymous said...

bless you, great web page
so how to create blog posts that will smash in all:
http://tinyurl.com/yhcfpgh

Anonymous said...

Hi
Very nice and intrestingss story.