Wednesday, August 15, 2007

last day

Today is the last day at the current job. Everyday from about two weeks ago I've been reminded of this day. They have nothing better to do around here. I don't know who's more excited me or the other guys. Today it seems as though I fell into The Gap. New pants and a nice button up. I've never looked so slick before in my life. Hopefully I'll see that Candy across the hall.

Last night we chalked up another win. In fact the other team found out they were playing us and decided not to show up. One of my ex's plays on this team, she was scared. We did however play a pick up game. I hit an over the fence home run, but it was in batting practice. I've never been so proud of myself. Think I'll hit switch from now on. I'm now retiring from the Mississippi co-ed softball coaching for an unknown time period. I hope to have some grand return that will rival Michael Jordan's. Throughout my season and a half I scored a record of 12-4. I expect the team to completely lose all confidence while I'm gone.

Yesterday afternoon I went for a casual run in the neighborhood here at work. I would never wish that on anyone. Today I learned that it was a record high temperature. I'll probably try running again this afternoon.

I like wearing my under armor. It makes me feel like I look cool when I really look like an idiot.

Heart Breaker Dan took me on a date yesterday for lunch. I suggested Mugshots. Mmm, best burgers in town. I hope they read this and give me a discount next time. Tonight the friends I still have left from high school want to meet for dinner. They even let me pick the restaurant. That has never happend before, they probably think I'm paying.

The Houston Move 2007 is Saturday. I haven't packed a single thing. I plan on Mom, Dad, and me wearing matching outfits so that we will look like movers. Maybe I can talk Burd's family (he's my new roommate) into joining in on the matching outfit calamity.

How many Russian cosmonauts have walked on the moon?

Last entry's answer was Texas.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course you're paying, you're a freakin rocket scientist for NASA. I'm getting an appetizer and a dessert!

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey! Utility Al! Yeah Matt, you arent paying? Youre getting a 1500 bucks a month apartment, have a brand new xterra, and youre fixing to buy a new computer. The least you could do is buy us supper. I got the last question wrong, I feel dumb, it was texas because thats where youre moving to. I'm going to say no manned landings for the cosmonauts also.

joen05 said...

I'll fly down there to get a free meal, just let me know. Last days are always cool, even though I've only had one. I'm gonna go with NONE also on this one. Hope the move goes well.

Kay said...

w00t, no more Old Guy! Aren't you stoked about that? Just think, while you're moving on to bigger and better things, he'll just sit there doing the same things he's always been doing... whatever those are.

Anonymous said...

Happy last day! You must be excited. Watch out, I hear there's a hurricane moving towards Tex-ass right now. Though I have no idea if it would reach where you are. Still, bring some goulashes.

Kathy said...

Are you still going to blog from Texas? I really need this every day to give me a few laughs. It's too hot in the south to be running -- maybe you should wait and do that in September. Gosh, I sound like a mom! Sorry.

Anonymous said...

Hah! Wearing something stupid and makes it seem like your cool... I know what your talkin about...it's like one halloween disaster that I didn't have a costume so I mixed all my previous costumes into one... A witch princess that's also a genie... I thought I looked cool... instead I looked like a walking coat rack... on the hot october evening... perfect timing to humilate myself don't you think???

Avi den Kanashimi

whatagem said...

Hey dude! Wanted to follow up on your comment on my NASA post--husband trying to be funny (it was the condensed version, I assure you) & with him laid up with nothing to do but watch news, he has to comment on EVERYTHING. Trying make a connection with me, he decides he should have a voice on MY blog! Silly husband... :o)

Technodoll said...

I want a photo of the under armour. with you in it :-)

Anonymous said...

im disappointed you didnt pay matt! you are so cheap!