Friday, August 3, 2007

h-o-u-s-t-o-n

I'm moving to Houston! Last night I went to the nearest western wear shop which was spitting distance away. Spent all my money on a cowboy hat, chaps, boots, spurs, and a nice leather vest. They told me that I'll for sure fit in.

The company that works for NASA called with an offer yesterday afternoon. They wanted to to pay me $1,000,007 annually but I told them it was too much. So we agreed on a deal that includes free Starbucks every morning with a banana. Mmmm. I can have jittery day everyday. They're going to love me. She told me that I'll be working on the design/test team. Working on spacesuits for real live astronauts. I'm taking a pen and paper to get some autographs. Anyone who wants mine can pay me $13. Yesterday after hearing the good news I asked Old Guy if he wanted to come. He said yes, I said ok...just kidding. He did not laugh.

I'm pretty much a sunglasses addict. Hope that doesn't make me sound like a girl. Every time I see good deals on sunglasses online I can't resist. In my mind they make me look cool, I need all the help I can get. I even wear them at night.

At work I've been walking around whistling the Mississippi State Fight Song. I even pause the whistling to spell out the H-E-L-L part. The co-workers love it.

Eugene 'Gene' Davis: Space will never be the same.
-Space Cowboys

I want to thank that question answering fool Father Rob for submitting this question. I love when questions get submitted. This is actually the first time. He thought it was appropriate for the recent events. Sorry for a nerdy question Miss Martini. Can a human survive the vacuum of space without spacesuit? If so, for how long?

Last entry's answer was Good Morning America.

8 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What's that one movie where the guy is in space floating around and he takes off his helmet and his head instantly turns to dust? Anyone? So, based only on that knowledge, my answer would be "not very long." Also, I was totally thinking of the '80s movie "Space Camp" the other day. Rent it, it's fantastically implausible in that entertaining '80s way. Congrats on the job and the move!

Anonymous said...

Even though I submitted this question I still have the urge to answer. Oh, and your sunglasses fetish does make you sound like a girl. I never wear sunglasses. So when I'm 80, I will have cataracts and probably be blind but atleast I'll still be a man.

Kathy said...

Congratulations on your new job and the Starbucks/banana deal! I hope you will still do your blogs. I look forward to them. As far as college fight songs go, I prefer the University of Alabama fight song.

joen05 said...

Congratulations! I've been to Houston before and I really liked it!

Anonymous said...

1. your job sucks.
2. sunglasses suck.
3. space sucks.
4. good morning america sucks.
5. the movie "space camp" rocks my face off.

whatagem said...

Congrats, Matt! Would love to see some photos when you get to NASA. I think the movie where the guy's head turns to dust might be Total Recall? Cool scene, that one. The Astronaut Farmer is a good movie too. No exploding heads though. Sigh

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.