Sunday, August 19, 2007

h is for home

Houston has welcomed me with open arms and a hurricane named Dean. If Dean does come I'm hoping to get off work. Two welcoming parties, mine and Dean's.

Today at Target while stocking up the apartment I saw an old man. His wife was in a one of those motorized carts, just to give you an idea of how old he was. Anyways, he was wearing a blue t-shirt with "I heart hot moms" printed in white. I tried to get my camera phone ready but he turned and casually walked away while keeping his eyes peeled for MILFs. Could've been a nice picture post.

The apartment is furnished and ready to be decorated. Thank goodness this place has an elevator. Thanks go to dad for his continuing back support when lifting couches, boxes, chairs, and beds. Mom held the door like a pro, thanks mom. The parking garage in here is nicer than Utility Al's college house. I'm never taking my car/SUV/truck out again.

Cable will not be hooked up till Wednesday. I'm going to loose myself in some books, maybe. Or better yet, try to impress the Texas girls in the resistance pool or gym. Whatever it takes to keep that school boy figure.

Tomorrow the new job starts. NASA has no idea what they're in for. I'm going to whip that place into shape. Or they might whip me into shape. I hope there's no whipping at all. Wonder if I should wear my new "Don't Mess With Texas" t-shirt. I am a Texan now and you don't want to mess with me.

Take that Dean. How many U.S. states border the Gulf of Mexico?

Last entry's answer was Whitney Houston.

7 comments:

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

That loft is gorgeous! It looks like you had a professional interior decorator.

joen05 said...

Place looks nice man, I get to decorate a new room in about 4 months! You go show Houston what's up.

Anonymous said...

When will you have a housewarming party? I'm in. :)

Daszzle said...

Nice place! NASA eh? I'm impressed. So it takes working at NASA to have a place like that huh? I'll have to keep that in mind. Think they're hiring any English majors?

Paper Fan Club said...

Good luck riding out the storm; sounds like you'll be making the most of it.

Technodoll said...

ooo industrial chic - love it. You better be a good cook to take advantage of that nice kitchen, or I will come and steal it from you. I'd leave you with a hotplate and a mini bar fridge though, I'm not that evil. he he. So Nasa finally got its rocket scientist... careful not to blend in too much, the world needs its crazies.