Tuesday, August 28, 2007

tuesday VI

Anybody ever heard of Cartel? Didn't think so. Last night I was fortunate enough to be present at their concert here in Houston. They didn't suck. Except for the end where they almost closed with a not so great cover of "Wonderwall." Note to Cartel, don't cover Oasis anymore.

Where is anne onymous?

Whenever I hear a phone ring while sitting at my desk I yell out, "Hello!?" with my Mississippi accent. Helps to break the silence. Hope some one's phone rings in Mission Control.

I made another friend. Congrats go to me. She is the neighbor from across the hall. Can't impress her too much with the mission control, rocket science, or NASA. She is an aerospace engineer herself. I'm impressed. Cool girl with a funny accent.

I think there are a few 1st graders that read this blog. Or just some people who's parents didn't tell them that glue wasn't meant to be eaten.

Neighbor girl from Ohio was introduced to Southernism. Is that a real word? Well it is now. I'll put it on Wikipedia. Last night was Breakfast Supper night!!! The eggs were right, the bacon was crisp, the grits were fine. For those northerners out there, grits are a popular breakfast food in the southern household. Eat 'em, they'll put hair on your chest. I also made my Mamaw's homemade catheads (which are simply buttermilk biscuits for those of you on the other side of the Mississippi state line). They were the best Texas has ever tasted.

I can hardly sit still any longer in anticipation for Thursday night. The college football season kicks off with my alma mater, The Mississippi State Bulldogs. Too bad we play LSU, they've got this mentality that they're going all the way this year. I don't know who told them that. ESPN, Thursday night, 7 pm central. I'll have my cowbell out, ringing it. Hope the neighbors won't mind.

I kept misspelling Thursday in this post. I'm such an idiot. Thusday.

How many fingers does Homer Simpson have?

Last entry's answer was 48.

15 comments:

Kay said...

I know who Cartel is! I haven't listened to them much, though. I guess I just haven't had an opportunity. Glad you liked the concert!

I think Homer has four fingers on each hand, so that would be eight total. You should congratulate me -- that's some tough math for an English major. I'm no NASA mission control employee.

Anonymous said...

I am also going to answer 8. And whats the deal with the switzerland question a few posts back? You asked that same question like a month ago.

Kathy said...

I am glad that you're spreading Southernism. I love grits and football season too. Roll Tide!

Anonymous said...

I have never had grits, but they don't particularly sound appetizing. Aren't they like, just fat? Cooked fat? Why do I think that? I don't know.....anyhow, I would say 18 fingers, just to be unique. Also, I forgot you would have an accent until you mentioned that. Accents are cute. :)

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Actually, "a martini always helps" grits are ground up hominy that are cooked into a porridge of sorts that is usually served with butter, salt, and pepper. In case you were wondering what hominy is.... it is when you take dry corn and soak it in lye until the lye chemically alters the corn into easier to digest (and some say better tasting) hominy. Of course you thoroughly wash the lye off before you partake.

Oh and "prin" youre right these questions are still too easy. Maybe Matt shouldve asked what grits are made of.

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
burd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
burd said...

First of all...I had the pleasure of joining you at the concert and the Oasis cover was good no matter what you say!
And it looks like I'm the only one who knows the answer to the question...All of the Simpsons only have 3 fingers on each hand.
I'm gonna feel like an idiot if I just got cocky and missed the question!

Anonymous said...

What did the comment say that was deleted

prin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
joen05 said...

Awww, i was gonna answer the question until I saw it. The answer makes sense. I've never had grits, but I've been interested in trying some. Send some my way! I wish I had college football, but I ended up with Hockey, which is ok cuz I love hockey!

Kathy said...

It's so hard for me to realize that this many people have never had grits, and don't even know what they are. Grits are such a normal part of a southern breakfast. And cheese grits are even better! Y'all need to come visit the south.

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

Is grits like Malt-o-Meal?? I LOVE Malt-o-Meal.

Mr and Mrs Knutzen said...

But does your big toe count as a regular toe? Just trying to confuse a little more.

And Matt, I just noticed you have a pic of the DMB Live in Central Park album on your blog...Awesome!